Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2096

I am loving this so much! – Would love to see 0 (zero -> go to beginning of line), :0 (beginning of document) :blush: (end of document)

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

Are you on Lion? If yes, this os has a… feature that prevent repeat keystrokes.[/quote]

I believe it only does this for characters that have common accents, such as e, a, or n.
Also, if this bugs the crap out of you like it did me: hints.macworld.com/article.php?s … 1122558299

0 Likes

I love the vi feature, I’ve only been using it for a few hours and its helped me in my workflow already. it greatly increases the possibilities for multiple select and macro creation (specifically the f for find since it works on every line of multi-select! before you just had End to line cursor up in different spots on each line…).

0 Likes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/497583/screenshots/2011-08-03_1922.png

0 Likes

jps, I love the new vi mode, since I do switch between vim, sublime and VS in my day-to-day work
Innovations/features like this are my reason to buy/pay for Sublime.

0 Likes

It’s commonly used on the C++ side to display lists of things in the menus, for example:

class UrlListCommand(sublime_plugin.WindowCommand):
    urls = ...]

def run(self, index):
        if index < len(urls):
            open_url(index)

def is_visible()
        return index < len(urls)

def description(self, index):
        if index < len(urls):
            return "Open URL: " + urls[index]

You can then create menu items that call this command with various indices, as done for the open_recent_file command in the main menu.

0 Likes

Another otherwise undocumented feature is 2096 is the ability to bind to wildcard characters. If you setup a key binding to “”, then that’ll match any character, and forward the matched character onto the command via the “character” argument. For example:

{ "keys": "r", "<character>"], "command": "replace_character" }

This is used by Vintage to implement, ‘r’, ‘f’, ‘t’, etc.

0 Likes

If you specify an argument called “character” in the binding, then it’ll get overwritten by the actual typed character. Other arguments are unaffected.

Next build will be out today.

0 Likes

For some reason it seems like my User Key Bindings aren’t loading. If I remove the Default (OSX).sublime-keymap file from Packages/User, the console prints:

found 5 files for base name Default.sublime-keymap

If I put it back, it still prints the same thing. If I fill it with mal-formed JSON, it doesn’t give me an error message on save, even though the default Default (OSX).sublime-keymap will give me such an error.
Thougts?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Build 2097 is out now, addressing the issue where platform specific key bindings weren’t read from the user package.

0 Likes

Wow…i love this!!! You have to keep vintage part of sublime :smile: (you might want to make the cursor more visable in visual mode like screencast.com/t/j2Uk1Z5kDrO)

If I could figure out Build on save I would buy sublime today.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

Are you on Lion? If yes, this os has a… feature that prevent repeat keystrokes.[/quote]

Thank you. This was indeed the issue. This new Lion function can fortunately be disabled using

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

0 Likes

I like that / is mapped and opens the find menu, can we have : mapped to goto line number?

Many thanks

0 Likes

also f then a letter works great but it’s missing ; which is the next occurrence of the letter, if that could be added it would be great :smiley:

0 Likes

@sublimator

I’m on win7 64 bit.

0 Likes

As a long-time Vim user, I just wanted to second all the thanks for new Vintage mode. :smile:
I hope the “experiment” won’t be gone so soon …

edited after reading the initial posting… :ugeek:

0 Likes

I’ve been having a go with Vintage and the thing I can say I’m missing the most at the moment is Text Object Selections. I keep doing dit and daw commands and they don’t work.

It would be nice to have a cheatsheet of what is implemented already. I know we can view the code and bindings, but these aren’t the easiest things for a human to quickly parse. :smile:

0 Likes

I’m trying to turn on Vintage mode, but I am not seeing any ignored_packages in the global settings.

I have the beta 2095

0 Likes

[quote=“elijahmanor”]I’m trying to turn on Vintage mode, but I am not seeing any ignored_packages in the global settings.

I have the beta 2095[/quote]

Vintage mode was only released with 2096—you’ll need to run the new dev build.

0 Likes

Hey, just commenting to say that I love this feature. I switched from Sublime 1.0 to MacVim, but have now happily returned. Keep up the awesome work.

0 Likes