Sublime Forum

OS X Control-Space not working

I’m trying to use the trial version of build 2097 on OS X 10.6.8. I cannot get the keyboard shortcut for auto-complete which is ^SPACE to work.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Rick

0 Likes

It’s possible ctrl+space is intercepted before it gets to the application. For example, it’s possible to have ctrl+space interact with Spaces.

Rather than digging around in your system settings, it may be simpler to just rebind it to another key.

0 Likes

Control-Space is reserved by OS X for changing keyboard layouts. Unintuitively, you have to enable the feature to disable the keyboard shortcut (and free up the key combo). To do this:

• Go to System Preferences > Language & Text > Input Sources

• Check (turn on) at least two input sources in the left column

• Click the “Keyboard Shortcuts…” button in the right column

• Select Keyboard & Text Input on the left

• Scroll to the bottom and disable “Select the previous input source – ^Space” on the right

• Go back to System Preferences > Language & Text > Input Sources

• Turn off the inputs on the left

2 Likes

I’ve searched over 50 websites and I couldn’t find any answer about it. Thank you so much for your help. “In order to activate or deactivate this rule you need to add two inputs”, that was the key part for me. I was trying to add additional languages just for fun and after I added the language I was not able to use “auto complete” in ides with control + space.

0 Likes