Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2098

Please don’t use “Enter” as the key name on OS X. The proper key name should be “Return”. An extended keyboard with a numeric keypad has a separate “Enter” key which is not the same as Return – and doesn’t work for the find/replace buttons because it has a different key code.

0 Likes

Looks like a new bug cropped up in this release – as long as the find panel (or incremental find panel) is open, it steals return/enter keypresses from the editor (even when it doesn’t have focus). Spotted in Windows x64 build.

0 Likes

This is not related to OSX btw.

0 Likes

Awesome update, thank you for listening!

0 Likes

The default comment style (with ctrl+/) in PHP seems to have changed from // to # in this release. Also, the default block comment style has changed from /* */ to , which obviously doesn’t work at all in PHP.

0 Likes

Yea, definitely something weird going on with the enter key. When I have the python console open it works fine though.

0 Likes

Seems like there are strange things happening with UNDO and “vintage” vim mode. screencast.com/t/JMdu3tui2I6r

0 Likes

[ceej] Seems like there are strange things happening with UNDO and “vintage” vim mode.

yep, I’ve ran into a similar strange clobbered string after searching, changing and using ‘.’ to repeat. At some point, ‘u’ left me with a garbled string. I curerntly can’t repro how I ran into it.

Other issue: entering visual mode with ‘v’ & ‘V’ seem now busted, I can only visual select with the non-vim Shift+Up or +Down etc.

Edit: BTW: both issues for me on WS08R2 (using 32bit ST build)

0 Likes

Agreed. Wanted to just say I’ve really been really enjoying ST2, and very much appreciate the dialog & quick responses to issues in releases. You’ve been on a rampage with updates.

0 Likes

On OSX, how come the replace button is the only one that doesn’t show a key binding on hover?

0 Likes

It’s so complicate to add a bracellet costumization options? Seriously now… :frowning: I’'m dissapointed to wait alot of time for same kind of ‘future’.

0 Likes

Also, the bottom tooltips show outside the application window, so they’re basically hidden when you’re in fullscreen.

0 Likes

Hey man… please take it easy. It’s this sort of thing that really demotivates a developer. We’re not ENTITLED to every feature we can imagine. Try hitting up the Textmate developer and demanding a new feature… or the Kod developer.

On a semi-related note: I think Vintage mode is super cool… but frankly, I’m not sure how much of a rabbit trail I’d want Jon to go down while “scratching this itch”. A decent Vim exists on all the platforms. Do we need Sublime to reproduce it? If you’re a Vim user, why not just use Vim?

This isn’t meant to flame anyone. I love features and options. I love the awesomeness that is Sublime!!!

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick updates and listening to our feedback, it is much appreciated.

One small bug in 2098: if I do a find and then find next/previous, a while outline of the find highlight region is left behind. Screenshot attached.

0 Likes

That’s by design, unless you’ve closed the find panel

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

That’s by design, unless you’ve closed the find panel[/quote]

Then the problem is you are always using a white border, which is great if you are using a dark background theme, but if you are using a white background theme, the border is invisible. I guess the border should be drawn in the plain text color of the current theme, right?

One other thing I’ve found. Editing the current syntax file does not reload it. I have to quit and restart to see the changes. Am I missing some magic incantation, is this by design, or is it a regression?

0 Likes

@firejdl I’m having the same issue too.

0 Likes

xxxx\Sublime Text 2\Packages\jQuery\Default.sublime-keymap

this file have error when I open sublime 2098 at 1:1.

then I remove it ,it’s resolved.

but why?

0 Likes

Then it would be nice to have a reload_packages command like the “reload bundles” facility in TextMate.

0 Likes

I haven’t tried myself, but you can probably use “ignored_packages” to that effect. It removes and reloads packages “live” as needed when modified.

0 Likes