Sublime Forum

Debian: Opening from FireFTP/FileZilla opens a new instance

When I open a remote document from Filezilla or FireFtp with Sublime, it opens a new instance every time. So if I go into the server and open index.html it opens one instance. If I open styles.css it opens an additional instance with both index.html and styles.css - Would be nice if it just opened the new file in an existing instance. I’m using build 2091 on Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.2 (squeeze)

Thanks! I’m really loving Sublime Text otherwise and recommend it to all my windows/osx users… Would love to tout it to my linux friends too.

0 Likes

By new instance, do you mean new window? If so, this thread might help you. Opening new files in same stack

0 Likes

Yes, I saw those posts. I do mean it opens a new window…

I have “open_files_in_new_window”: false,

keep in mind that open_files_in_new_window is marked “OSX Only” - I’m not using OSX, I’m using debian.

Still scratching my head.

Additionally, the same thing happens if I open the project from Gnome 2’s file folders. I can, however, drag the document into the SLT window and it will properly open a new tab.

0 Likes

It’s likely that one of the GTK libraries that Sublime Text relies on is too old to provide the single instance support that Sublime Text 2 uses. You can verify this by running via the command line: you’ll get a message printed to stderr if this is the case.

0 Likes

Yup, here it is:

[quote]libgio version is less than 2.26, single instance support disabled
[/quote]

Thanks for the clue. I’ll look into it.

0 Likes

Is there any workaround for systems running an older libgio, where upgrading GTK may not be feasible? I have a company-mandated standard install using 2.22, I think, and am Linux-newbie enough to be reluctant to mess with it…

0 Likes