Sublime Forum

Highlight current line

Hello,

I would really like to be able to see the current line with a specific background color,
I find it very practical to see the line you’re on, especially when your cursor is at the beginning of a deeply indented line.

Am I missing something obvious or is this currently impossible in ST2? :smile:

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Gutter Active Line Foreground Color

Add the following setting to your “File Settings - User” preferences file:

"highlight_line": true
3 Likes

…and you can alter the color in your .tmTheme file here:

<key>lineHighlight</key>
<string>#hexcolor</string>
1 Like

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Not working for me.

0 Likes

Hello, this works for me, but not when viewing PHP files with the Twilight theme. The PHP code seems to have an overlay colour for the background that prevents the line highlighting from working properly. I can see the highlight in the gutter next to line numbers, but not on the main text.

If I switch to a window with plain text or even a section of the page that is in HTML and not PHP I can see the highlight.

Anyone have a clue as to what’s happening and how to fix it? I was even searching for the background colour in the PHP code under the theme settings but it’s not even listed.

Thanks.

0 Likes

This is also the case for the Cobalt theme. The embedded source (PHP code) has a different background color than HTML source, so that when you view a PHP file that contains both PHP and HTML, you can easily differentiate between the two. The problem is that the embedded source background color somehow overrides (or hides) the current line highlight.

I documented this bug/request here a while back:
sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/7 … alt-theme/

Is there a solution for this?

0 Likes

You can easily edit the colorschemes. Just open up the .tmTheme and look for anything that has a scope of PHP. Anything that has the key “background” and the scope “PHP,” just remove it.

0 Likes

I am having this same issue, but in all files, with he twilight theme. I am very new to sublime text (coming from vim, seeing if I can get it as close to my vim config as possible). Thought I was just doing something wrong, but sounds like this is a bug.

0 Likes

@C0D312 - Thanks but I do not want to remove the background color for PHP code. It helps a lot when working with an HTML file that contains both HTML and PHP code. The specified background color for the PHP code helps to differentiate the PHP code from the HTML. Removing the background just to make the current line highlight come up is not an option for me. Would rather just see the bug fixed. Is there any other way to tweak the tmTheme to make this work?

In Cobalt.tmTheme I found the following

<dict> <key>name</key> <string>Embedded Source</string> <key>scope</key> <string>text source, string.unquoted.heredoc, source source</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>background</key> <string>#223545</string> <key>fontStyle</key> <string></string> <key>foreground</key> <string>#FFFFFF</string> </dict> </dict>

I tried adding something like this:

<key>lineHighlight</key> <string>#FF0000</string>

To the settings section, but it didn’t seem to have any effect at all. Is lineHighlight maybe not an acceptable setting to set for embedded sources?

Also I noticed this problem with other themes besides just Cobalt. Any theme that has a different background color defined for Embedded Sources, this problem occurs.

0 Likes

Is there any word on this bug? Does anyone know how to fix the current syntax highlighting theme to fix this problem? Or is it a bug with ST itself?

0 Likes

Any fix? :smile:

0 Likes

Bump… Please fix.

0 Likes

Casting my vote for this issue to be addressed… :smile:

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

This is fixed in the latest Dev build 2170 :smiley: Awesome!

0 Likes

Nice! I was waiting for this to be resolved too.

0 Likes

Woo

0 Likes

I’ve noticed that this bug isn’t fixed when in distraction free mode (which, ironically, is kinda distracting :wink: )

I believe the change that fixed this outside of distraction free mode was:
“Line highlights are drawn in front of text background highlights, and alpha channels are supported”

0 Likes

Highlighting the current line appears to be broken in 2181. I’ve tried a lot of different themes, and either none of the themes support it, or the feature isn’t working at the moment. I’d edit the themes, but I can’t figure out where they’re all stored on the file system.

0 Likes