Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2101

Dev Build 2101

Postby jps on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Dev Build 2101 is out now, with an improved status bar.

Apart from the status bar, the most noticeable change is that closing the current file via a key binding will select the previous file (in the mostly recently used stack), instead of the neighboring file. This was always the intended behavior, there was just a typo preventing it from triggering previously. One of the more debatable elements is that the behavior is different when closing via the mouse: here the neighboring file will be selected. I can't remember the justification for this, as the code was added a long time ago, but it may well be changed in a future build.

The OS X key bindings for Add Next Line / Add Previous Line have been changed due to a clash with inbuilt Lion key bindings.

On the theming side of things, there's now a status_button class available to customise the appearance of the clickable areas on the status bar.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby adzenith on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:54 pm

jps wrote:[url=http://www.sublimetext.com/dev]closing the current file via a key binding will select the previous file (in the mostly recently used stack), instead of the neighboring file

This is excellent. :) I'm also a big fan of the indentation in the status bar. Thanks!
adzenith

Postby ceej on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Thank you for this quick release and fixing the indentation issue.
ceej

Postby ceej on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Quick question, I'm trying to fix the c + w in vintage mode not clearing the entire word because it stops at _ is Packages/Default/delete_word.py the file that handles that?
ceej

Postby jps on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 pm

The w motion in Vintage is implemented with this command, in Vintage/Default.sublime-keymap:

Code: Select all
   { "keys": ["w"], "command": "set_motion", "args": {
      "motion": "move",
      "motion_args": {"by": "stops", "sub_word_begin": true, "word_begin": true, "forward": true, "extend": true }},
      "context": [{"key": "setting.command_mode"}]
   },

In Vintage, "w" moves over sub-words, and "W" moves over normal words (This isn't exactly what happens in vi, but it is keeping in the spirit of w vs W). If you change the key binding to not stop at sub_word_begin, it'll act like W, which is closer to what vi does.
jps
Site Admin

Postby alexrussell on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks for fixing the close-file-defaults-to-unexpected-file bug, Jon. However, you've only done it when a keybinding is used. I think on middle-clicking the tab (or, presumably clicking on the cross on a tab (I have them turned off so dunno whether or not that does it)) should do it too. Every now and again I'll use the mouse rather than ctrl+w.

That is to say, that I think *any* time a tab is closed it should go back to previous in stack, not just when a keybinding is used. How does everyone else feel about that?
alexrussell

Postby ekolguy on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:33 pm

alexrussell wrote:That is to say, that I think *any* time a tab is closed it should go back to previous in stack, not just when a keybinding is used. How does everyone else feel about that?

Agree 100%. Btw, Statusbar is far more usable now, thanks for that Jon. Would it be possible to add quick encoding menu there too?
ekolguy

Postby dsarch on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:11 pm

I agree 100% too, and i really would like a quick syntax changer (like in textmate) in the statusbar. Is it doable ?

Thanks a lot =)
dsarch

Postby jbrooksuk on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 pm

What about a menu that appears when you click the current syntax label in the statusbar? Perhaps you could customise it to show your favourite syntaxes. Since, I for one, only tend to use:
1. PHP
2. JavaScript
3. CSS
4. HTML
5. Python

So I'd only need to ever see them!
jbrooksuk

Postby iamntz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks Jon for the update.

dsarch wrote:I agree 100% too, and i really would like a quick syntax changer (like in textmate) in the statusbar. Is it doable ?

Thanks a lot =)

What do you mean? Is already there!
iamntz

Next

Return to General Discussion