Sublime Forum

Keyboard column select broken in build 2101

After updating to Windows x64 2101 from 2091, ctrl+alt+up and ctrl+alt+down have no effect.
Nothing is printed in the console. Middle-drag still works. My user .sublime-keybinding is empty, and the default still lists them as executing “select_lines”.

Do you need any more information?

0 Likes

FWIW it’s working here. You can try entering this in the console:

sublime.log_commands(True)

and then check to see if “select_lines” is printed to the console when you press the keys.

The OS X key bindings for select_lines were changed in 2101 (to command+alt+up/down), but the Windows ones are the same.

0 Likes

sublime.log_commands() is saying the command isn’t executed, though other operations are logged. I tried restoring “Default\Default (Windows).sublime-keymap” from “Pristine Packages\Default.sublime-package”, but it was binary identical, and behaves the same. It contains:

56: { “keys”: “ctrl+alt+up”], “command”: “select_lines”, “args”: {“forward”: false} },
57: { “keys”: “ctrl+alt+down”], “command”: “select_lines”, “args”: {“forward”: true} },

Checking incase another package had overriden it somehow, Find in folder Packages, files *.sublime-keymaps only found mappings for “ctrl+alt+up” in “Default\Default (OSX).sublime-keymap” and “Default\Default (Windows).sublime-keymap” (i’m surprised at the OSX match, but I guess you call option “ctrl” for ease of adding mappings?). I’m stumped!

0 Likes

Thought I should also mention doing a full settings reset (moving “%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2”), doesn’t work either. Curious!

0 Likes

Ugh. This was due to crappy laptop graphics drivers stealing the ctrl-shift- keys for external screen rotation, but for some reason not actually doing anything with them. No idea why they kicked in the same time as the ST update, I might have forgotten about a graphics driver update.

0 Likes