Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2101

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby dsarch on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Whoa, thanks !

I did not thought it could be clicked as it does not change anything or have a visual sign or something like that.

I liked @jbrooksuk idea (when i click i have a really big menu, and i would like to have just 5 or 7 options, perhaps with a setting like statusbar_syntax=["python", "css", "html", "php", "ruby"]

Thanks @jon and all the people in this forum that makes Sublime the great tool it is.
dsarch
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:31 am

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby alexrussell on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:46 pm

dsarch wrote:I liked @jbrooksuk idea (when i click i have a really big menu, and i would like to have just 5 or 7 options, perhaps with a setting like statusbar_syntax=["python", "css", "html", "php", "ruby"]

Completely untested but presumably using ignored_packages you can turn off syntax availability of the languages you don't care about and they'll disappear from the menu. Added bonus is that they aren't loaded in at startup = precious startup time?

Obviously this does mean that if you ever want to actually use a language you've 'ignored' then you can to remove it from there, but no biggie, right?

And like I said, this is untested and for all I know ignored is just for plugins, not any kind of package...
alexrussell
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby jbrooksuk on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:20 pm

alexrussell wrote:Obviously this does mean that if you ever want to actually use a language you've 'ignored' then you can to remove it from there, but no biggie, right?

No, since you can just go the usual Syntax menu and change it there. It's just that it would be nice to have the most used syntax files there.
jbrooksuk
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am
Location: England

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby Anomareh on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 pm

I'd really like an option to control the close behavior. A lot of the time when I'm closing files, I'm closing several that are right next to each other and very rarely are they all the most recent in the stack. Having to constantly navigate back or use the mouse would be rather annoying. Ctrl/shift + tab are customizable in this way so hopefully the close behavior can be as well.

Also speaking of the ctrl/shift + tab behavior, it would be nice if they stayed in the active area. For example when in any of the layouts other than single, the tab binds will hop between the different areas which is pretty annoying.
Anomareh
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby adzenith on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 am

jps wrote:The OS X key bindings for Add Next Line / Add Previous Line have been changed due to a clash with inbuilt Lion key bindings.

What was the clash? I was very confused when I hit cmd+option+up to go to my header file and it didn't work.
adzenith
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby jps on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 am

adzenith wrote:What was the clash? I was very confused when I hit cmd+option+up to go to my header file and it didn't work.

Oops! I'll change the bindings again for the next version. Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down is no longer available on Lion, as Ctrl+Arrow keys are now the default keys for mission control (and annoyingly, it also eats ctrl+shift+arrow keys, which do the same thing as the unshifted version, just slower).

Next dev build won't be until next week though, as I'm off on a short holiday until the 18th.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3071
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby hoest on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:03 am

Hi,

Maybe a simple request for a next release:
Default behaviour for closing tabs (Windows): CTRL+W

When I'm closing a lot of tabs, I'll keep pressing CTRL+W. But when all tabs are closed, the editor is next. Maybe it's an idea to give an alert-message: "Are you sure you want to exit?" Or maybe remove the keybinding for closing the editor, and only use ALT+F4?

Thanks
hoest
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:38 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby FalconNL on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:45 am

hoest wrote:Hi,

Maybe a simple request for a next release:
Default behaviour for closing tabs (Windows): CTRL+W

When I'm closing a lot of tabs, I'll keep pressing CTRL+W. But when all tabs are closed, the editor is next. Maybe it's an idea to give an alert-message: "Are you sure you want to exit?" Or maybe remove the keybinding for closing the editor, and only use ALT+F4?

Thanks


If you implement this behaviour, please make it an option, since I frequently use ctrl+w to close the editor to avoid having to change my hand position to alt+f4, as ctrl+w doesn't require moving your hand from the home row.
FalconNL
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby ceej on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 am

jps wrote:The w motion in Vintage is implemented with this command, in Vintage/Default.sublime-keymap:

Code: Select all
   { "keys": ["w"], "command": "set_motion", "args": {
      "motion": "move",
      "motion_args": {"by": "stops", "sub_word_begin": true, "word_begin": true, "forward": true, "extend": true }},
      "context": [{"key": "setting.command_mode"}]
   },


In Vintage, "w" moves over sub-words, and "W" moves over normal words (This isn't exactly what happens in vi, but it is keeping in the spirit of w vs W). If you change the key binding to not stop at sub_word_begin, it'll act like W, which is closer to what vi does.


Thank you, that's what I've been doing. Love the new status bar. p.s. hope you have a good holiday :)
ceej
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Dev Build 2101

Postby jbrooksuk on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:40 am

jps wrote:Next dev build won't be until next week though, as I'm off on a short holiday until the 18th.

Have fun Jon! You deserve it! :D
jbrooksuk
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am
Location: England

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests