Sublime Forum

Bug finding greek characters in folders

Hi all, I ve narrowed down the problem I mentioned in my last post (Find in project/folder not working?)
I have tex files in greek (encoding windows 1253), which are opened correctly as I ve set the corresponding fallback encoding.
When I search for text in open files, the text is found correctly.
However, when I search for a greek string in an open folder, I can see in the matches pane that the files are opened in western encoding, hence it cannot look for greek strings properly!!!
Can something be done about this?

thanks very much!
sotiris

0 Likes

(Am I doing something wrong, forum-wise?)

0 Likes

ok, thanks for the reply, I was starting to feel I had offended someone, I hadn’t gotten any replies to my last three posts :smile:

0 Likes

(sorry for the insistance, but I find this really important!)
I 've noticed that if I open all the files in my project, and then perform a search in project, the text is displayed correctly in the console window, i.e.

3184 \end{cases} 3185 \] 3186: Να βρείτε τις ιδιοσυναρτήσεις $\Psi(x, y, z)$, καθώς και τις ενεργειακές στάθμες 3187 του σωματιδίου. 3188
If I close the file and perform a search in project for a second time, I get this:

3184 \end{cases} 3185 \] 3186: Íá âñåßôå ôéò éäéïóõíáñôÞóåéò $\Psi(x, y, z)$, êáèþò êáé ôéò åíåñãåéáêÝò óôÜèìåò 3187 ôïõ óùìáôéäßïõ. 3188

I also noticed that on the console I get this

Unable to auto detect encoding, using fallback encoding Western (Windows 1252)

multiple times, although I ve set it as greek (windows 1253). And I know it works, otherwise ST2 wouldn’t open the greek files correctly…
pleeeease, any insight? can it be fixed??

0 Likes

The fallback encoding is ignored by Find in Files - I’ll put an item on the todo list to fix this.

0 Likes

many thanks!!

0 Likes