Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

TortoiseSVN, TortoiseGit and TortoiseHg Plugin

Re: Sublime Text 2 Plugin for TortoiseSVN/TortoiseGit/TortoiseHg

Postby quesada on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Does this depend on Tortoise* for getting the functionality it needs? In other words, would it be possible to make it run on linux, where there are no tortoises :) ?
quesada

Postby wbond on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 am

@quesada

Yes, it does depend on Tortoise, specifically because all the plugin does it launch the various Tortoise* dialog windows.

For most Linux users I would imagine it would probably be most useful just to open the terminal in the root of the repository. I vaguely recall there being development of a Nautilus plugin like TortoiseSVN, but I don't know the progress of that. If it was in a usable state, it probably wouldn't be too much work to adapt the plugin to launch the Nautilus plugin.
wbond

Postby wbond on Tue May 31, 2011 2:44 am

firefusion wrote:It does indeed list the commands in the log as it's meant to (command: tortoise_commit etc). The command to explicitly commit did nothing i'm afraid. I tried removing any plugins I had in sublime but no luck. I'll keep playing and let you know if I ever fix it :P

I just fixed a bug with the detection of the svn binary path, which is used for the context menu. If you get a chance, let me know if the latest version works for you. Thanks!
wbond

Postby firefusion on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry it's a while since I last checked this thread. With the latest version of tortoisehg and sublime it's not even showing the right click menu anymore.
firefusion

Postby wbond on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:35 am

@firefusion

Is there still nothing in the ST2 console?
wbond

Postby wbond on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:11 am

Within the past few days I fixed some bugs with this package, including issues with file paths that contain spaces, and an issue with file statuses not being properly cached. I hoping this should resolve the issues for a number of people. There are some settings that allow turning off the context menus, but also a debug setting in case users are having performance issues with the menus.

There is now a new preferred way to upgrade the plugin. I've just finished writing a package manager that includes auto update functionality. If you install Package Control (http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control) and run Upgrade Package and select Tortoise, you'll then automatically get upgraded whenever a new version comes out.

There is also now a webpage that includes some screenshots and documentation for the plugin. You can check it out at http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/tortoise.
wbond

Postby firefusion on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 am

Yay! This plugin finally works for me!

Thank you :)
firefusion

Re: TortoiseSVN, TortoiseGit and TortoiseHg Plugin

Postby wbond on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 am

If you are using this plugin with TortoiseHg, I highly recommend you upgrade to version 1.1.4. Quite a few mercurial-specific bugs were fixed, and file paths with spaces no longer show the cmd window while the TortoiseHg window is open.
wbond

Postby firefusion on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Any chance of getting this plugin to support "Git Extensions" as it is far better than TortoiseGit on windows.
firefusion

Postby wbond on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

firefusion wrote:Any chance of getting this plugin to support "Git Extensions" as it is far better than TortoiseGit on windows.

Unfortunately I no longer use WIndows on a regular basis. If someone wants to work on that, it would probably make more sense to fork this and create a gitextensions-specific plugin.
wbond

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements