Sublime Forum

How to contribute

I’ve put together some sublime-build and sublime-options files for Ruby, and I thought you might be interested in them. There’s really not much to them. I just took the Python files, renamed them, and tweaked them a bit. If you’re interested, should I just post them here, or email them, or what?

By the way, thanks for this very cool editor. It’s quickly surpassing other editors I use, and the pace of development is really impressive.

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing, gordon!

You might want to check out http://www.sublimetextwiki.com, where you can add info on customisation and such. It’s only a few days old, so excuse some of the rough edges. You should be able to either embed the script in a page, or attach the files to a page.

Steve.

0 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it gordon!

I can include the changes in the distribution if they’re general enough, otherwise posting them on the wiki sounds like a great idea.

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I was planning on putting it on the wiki, I just haven’t got to it yet. But, I think I’d prefer to have them in the distribution. They are pretty general to what a ruby programmer would expect.

One other thing I’d like to ask, since it’s sort of relevant. Would it be possible for you to remove the “font” declarations in all of the sublime-options files except the default? When I decided to change my font, I ended up editing a lot of files. I finally went back and set it in “default” and removed it from everywhere else, and it works fine.
Ruby_sublime.zip (428 Bytes)

0 Likes

Thanks gordon, I’ll take a look.

0 Likes

I’ve put the Ruby.sublime-build file in the latest beta, and modified it so double clicking on an error in the output panel takes you to the correct location.

re: font settings, I’ve re-jigged the options files in the latest beta, so these kinds of changes are more pleasant.

0 Likes