Sublime Forum

20080326 Beta

New beta is out, with file change detection thrown in. I’ve updated Packages/Default/Options/Default.sublime-options with comments on the available options, the new ones are:

Set to true to never prompt to reload when a file is changed on disk

ignoreChanged false

Set to true to always reload changed files on disk, instead of prompting

autoReloadChanged false

The ability to word wrap at a specific column and to render in the centre of the text area is available too, configured by the options:

Set to a value other than 0 to force wrapping at that column rather than the

window width

wrapWidth 0

Set to true to draw text centered in the window rather than left aligned

drawCentered false

OpenGL is now supported as an alternative renderer to Direct3D, you can activate it be adding --opengl on the command line. It’s not recommended to do this in general, unless you’re having D3D driver issues.

The other changes are all to do with the API, it’s best to check out the API Reference for the details.

Via the new API calls, you can set options with the console: Enter “view.options().set(‘drawCentered’, True)”, for example, to see the new drawing in the middle of the page in action.

0 Likes

–opengl got compiled out at the last minute sigh …next beta.

0 Likes

Hi, Jon. Loving the centred text. It makes for a nice editing environment for text;

There is one bug though. when text is being centred, mouse-clicks to reposition the point don’t take into account the new indent. That is, if the centering indents the text by 4 inches, and I click at x=1 inch (in the whitespace on the left), it selects the character at x=5 inches. If I select a character at x=5 inches, it moves the cursor to the end of the line, (ie, as though I’d clicked at x=9 inches) Hope that makes sense.

Visually, though, it’s lovely, and really helps get a distraction-free writing environment.

0 Likes

Oh, bugger. I’ll fix that!

0 Likes