Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2104

Dev Build 2104 is out now. Some of the highlights are:

• Indentation guides. There are enabled by default, but can be disabled with the draw_indent_guides setting. The color and width can be customised by editing the .tmTheme, and using the guideColor and guideWidth keys.
  • Projects open in new windows by default (except when opening via the Switch Project menu item)
  • Projects may contain build systems. An example is:
{
    "folders":

{
            "path": "src"
        }
    ],
    "settings":
    {
        "tab_size": 8
    },
    "build_systems":

{
            "name": "List",
            "cmd": "ls"]
        }
    ]
}

Lastly, I’ve tweaked the rules for Shift+Tab behavior, so that now it’ll unindent a line whenever tab will indent the same line. Specifically, if the caret is before the first non-whitespace character on the line, then shift+tab will now unindent.

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]Fantastiche.

Any chance of bundling sqlite3?[/quote]

Plz do.

0 Likes

It looks like the indent guides do not draw if there is a background color on the text. Also, would there be a way to show the ‘active’ indent guide too, like I did in the indent guides plugin? I like the thinner indent guides, but I miss the active indent guides :frowning:

0 Likes

Project > Save Project As is grayed out.

I think all I needed before was to have a folder in the file browser to be able to save a new project.
Did something change?

Edit: Also how do you trigger the project’s build? I’d love to be able to use the Command Palette (ie: Project: Build)

0 Likes

A specific guide being highlighted aside, behavior wise I think he means something along the lines of:

'indent_guides_active_wrap_to_text': true If true, the active guide will always be the deepest guide on the cursor's line. If false, the active guide will be the guide closest to the left of the cursor.
Either one or the other or having the choice to choose as in the plugin.

0 Likes

The basic idea was if I click on column 2, all of the indent guides on column 2 would change color a little bit. This was helpful for me so I could click, then scroll and follow the indent guide visually. It was easy to follow it because it was a different color. There were other small features, but that is the core idea.

0 Likes

Good idea!
+1

0 Likes

Thanks for the guides Jon they’re great!

+1 Awesome idea

0 Likes

For the last couple releases, I have seen multiple “Key Bindings - Default” and “Key Bindings - User” menu items under the “Preference” menu. From looking at the Main.sublime-menu files, it appears that perhaps there is one entry per OS, however I don’t know how to get just the Windows platform to appears. Additionally, none of them actually open their respective files. I have removed the “Sublime Text 2” folder to ‘reset’ the application, but that didn’t seem to help. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Thumbs up for the guides, been waiting for them so long. I think I’ve spotted a little aesthetic bug: twitpic.com/6ay1ag

0 Likes

I don’t seem to be able to save new projects anymore…

0 Likes

Save Project As was inadvertently commented out in 2104 (!), will be back for 2105

0 Likes

Thanks for the latest API changes Jon!

0 Likes

It sounds like you’ve got multiple Main.sublime-menu files - they get merged together, which will cause the duplicate entries you’re seeing. The per-operating system entries are just a red herring - you can delete them and verify for yourself.

Either delete the second menu file you’ve got, or follow these instructions to reset everything to a vanilla state - sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

It sounds like you’ve got multiple Main.sublime-menu files - they get merged together, which will cause the duplicate entries you’re seeing. The per-operating system entries are just a red herring - you can delete them and verify for yourself.

Either delete the second menu file you’ve got, or follow these instructions to reset everything to a vanilla state - sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html[/quote]

Through a process of elimination, I was able to resolve this. It turns out that I had a script in my User folder named open_file.py. When I removed this script, or renamed it, the issue went away. I suspect it was conflicting with something built-in?

0 Likes