Sublime Forum

Still some highlighting issues

I’m still seeing some tmThemes not highlighting correctly in the most recent build. Themes you can test are: Notebook, iLife 2005.

0 Likes

For reference, one that seems to work fine is the Tomorrow theme.

0 Likes

iLife 05 might actually be working; maybe it just looks weird. The other doesn’t work tho.

0 Likes

I believe the problem is that Sublime Text 2 doesn’t seem to support alpha values in TextMate color schemes. Perhaps this is a known issue?

0 Likes

It is - colors with alpha values will be blended against the background color on load, which gives the right result sometimes, but is not generally correct

0 Likes

I’m actually more annoyed with TextMate than Sublime Text 2, now that I know what the issue is. There’s no reason, really, to support alpha values in themes. Text is never layered over other text, so why not just use whatever the opaque color value is?

0 Likes

Maybe the blending issue only becomes a problem if the text has to blend with a non-opaque text background, which then blends with the page/file background?

0 Likes

While you’re at it, Is there any chance that fontStyle attribute (i.e. bold and italic) in tmThemes will be supported?

I really miss seeing bold keywords in my sources.

0 Likes

[quote=“twosheds”]While you’re at it, Is there any chance that fontStyle attribute (i.e. bold and italic) in tmThemes will be supported?

I really miss seeing bold keywords in my sources.[/quote]

Me too! This is a really helpful feature IMO. Definitely a favorite of mine from TM.

0 Likes

[quote=“twosheds”]While you’re at it, Is there any chance that fontStyle attribute (i.e. bold and italic) in tmThemes will be supported?

I really miss seeing bold keywords in my sources.[/quote]

Yes, this would be great. Underline as well.

0 Likes