Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2106

Dev Build 2106 is out now.

Indent guide rendering has changed a bit:

• Lines are drawn stippled
  • Empty lines are drawn with the indentation of the following non-empty line
  • Guides are drawn in the first column
  • guideWidth theme key has been removed
  • Added setting indent_guide_options, giving a bit more control over how theyā€™re drawn

The FILES (now OPEN FILES) section of the side bar can now be removed via the view menu. There may be some things that donā€™t work if theyā€™re hidden, but I havenā€™t found any yet. This setting is remembered.

Finally, delete word (ctrl+backspace on Windows and Linux, alt+delete on OS X) has been changed to behave in a more typical way, and so has pressing up/down with a selection.

0 Likes

How come guideWidth was removed?

0 Likes

It wasnā€™t useful for what I originally intended it for. If thereā€™s a desire for, say, 2px wide guides, itā€™d be better to implement that via indent_guide_options.

0 Likes

The winner is ā€œindent_guide_optionsā€: ā€œdraw_activeā€, ā€œstippledā€] for meā€¦ or completely disabled, doesnā€™t make up my mind now.

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]Dev Build 2106 is out now.

[/quote]

Isnā€™t it better if itā€™s the preceding non-empty line ?

try: try: print "begin"| finally: print "end" finally: print "goodbye"
If you put the cursor on the |, press enter and type something, the active indent guide change for nothing after you press enter.

0 Likes

bizoo: that change isnā€™t related to active indent guides, just where the indent guides are drawn at all. The 2105 behavior was to use the previous lines indentation, which is almost always wrong. e.g.,

if (x):
    return foo()

return bar()

2105 would display the blank line has having the same indentation as the ā€œreturn foo()ā€ line, which IMO isnā€™t correct.

0 Likes

Agreed. It was really annoying me, since I only have one line breaks between code, it just became a continuous line.

0 Likes

Is there a chance to have this optional?

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]bizoo: that change isnā€™t related to active indent guides, just where the indent guides are drawn at all. The 2105 behavior was to use the previous lines indentation, which is almost always wrong. e.g.,

if (x):
    return foo()

return bar()

2105 would display the blank line has having the same indentation as the ā€œreturn foo()ā€ line, which IMO isnā€™t correct.[/quote]

My badā€¦
Thanks for the answer.

0 Likes

Woo hoo! Thank you! :smile:

0 Likes

Hi,

wow great, this editor is just getting better and better. Iā€™ve never seen an editor, that is as customizable as ST2.

Thanks for such an great cross-platform editor!

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œjpsā€]Dev Build 2106 is out now.

Indent guide rendering has changed a bit:

• Lines are drawn stippled
  • Guides are drawn in the first column
  • guideWidth theme key has been removed
  • Added setting indent_guide_options, giving a bit more control over how theyā€™re drawn

The FILES (now OPEN FILES) section of the side bar can now be removed via the view menu. There may be some things that donā€™t work if theyā€™re hidden, but I havenā€™t found any yet. This setting is remembered.

Finally, delete word (ctrl+backspace on Windows and Linux, alt+delete on OS X) has been changed to behave in a more typical way, and so has pressing up/down with a selection.[/quote]

What are the options to customize indent_guide_options?

0 Likes

When I changed the tab size from 2 to 4 and clicked convert indentation to tabs, Sublime entered vintage mode. I checked my preferences and vintage is set to ignore in both my user and global preferences. Unusual bug. I donā€™t see how there is any relationā€¦

0 Likes

Has the ability to draw stippled regions been added to the API?

With View > Sidebar > Hide Open Files, switching and closing projects as well as switching layouts crashes Sublime for me. On Arch Linux x86_64 if itā€™s relevant.

Also not to sound like a broken record or anything :s but projects being saved as .sublime-project are still creating workspace files named .sublime-project.sublime-workspace.

0 Likes

Drag and dropping a folder onto the sidebar of a windows with no project open no longer works.

0 Likes

Theyā€™re listed in the Default File Settings - search for indent_guide_options

Stippled regions are not exposed to the API.

Thanks for the report, will fix for the next build

Thatā€™s more or less working as designed, as ā€œ.sublime-projectā€ is considered to be the same as a file called ā€œfooā€: i.e., just a file name without an extension. A better option to create hidden projects is to call it ā€œ.myproject.sublime-projectā€.

Iā€™m unable to replicate this. What OS are you on, and do you have the open files hidden on the side bar?

0 Likes

Hey thank you for this release :smile:

I know you donā€™t like videos but I know itā€™s ok if they are to do with the UI, this seems like thatā€™s the case screencast.com/t/3XCN5ZsSs1I

Many thanks.

0 Likes

ceej: Would it be possible to email the file in question? (jps@sublimetext.com)

0 Likes

Any chance of this getting added soon?

0 Likes

Iā€™d like to mention Iā€™m not sure I like the new movement behavior, though Iā€™ll admit I didnā€™t notice it untill you mentioned it.

Iā€™m not sure what Apple (or emacs/vim etcā€¦) does, but I prefer the Notepad behavior of simply clearing the anchor and then moving the cursor as usual, though this is hardly the Microsoft way: Word uses your behavior (move from the anchor if itā€™s closer - although it screws up shift-home and shift-end), and Visual Studio uses a bizzare halfway of using the anchor line if itā€™s closer, but always use the cursor column! If you do keep the new selection behavior, Iā€™d say also copy Word and not show the cursor when there is a selection range (since it then only has significance to shift-movement).

0 Likes