Sublime Forum

Latex highlighting bug

Hey All,
is there any fix for the highlighting bug in latex math expressions as follows?
basically in the math environments associated begin … end equation or equation *, {} matching is broken after a subscript symbol _

attached is a screen shot

0 Likes

actually, heres another example:

0 Likes

sorry mate, I can’t help you, but can you please tell me the font and theme you are using?? they look nice :smile:

0 Likes

the theme is “ForLatex”, found at wiki.macromates.com/Themes/UserSubmittedThemes
its probably one of the few themes i’ve found over time that minimize the staring into a flashlight effect while still having good constrast

and the font is anonymous pro found at ms-studio.com/FontSales/anonymouspro.html
(both free).

the brace / paren matching bug also hold for commands in these env’s, eg \command{arg} will flub the brace matching.
Since I think the syntax files are the same as those from textmate (am I correct in thinking this?), this makes me think that its a bug in how sublime text handles them… I might be wrong. Its not a big problem, though I do find it a tad annoying

0 Likes

This should now be fixed in 2107

0 Likes

awesome! is that the pending next beta update or dev release? (also i’m curious what the cause of the bug was)

0 Likes

i see its the current dev release

0 Likes

the syntax coloring problem seems to be fixed, but the cursor positioned highlight the matching pair seems to still be broken in those
latex math environments.

see attached screen shots.

Really happy about the polish added in the newest beta, but this getting fixed would be awesome too :smile:

0 Likes

The brackets don’t match at that point because the .tmLanguage file assigns them a string scope. Brackets in strings are specifically excluded from bracket matching, to avoid breaking on situations like:

append("(")
0 Likes

That’s too bad, because it really makes typing math a pain in the butt, especially when you have to type stuff like

$(R/M)[X]]$

a lot. TextMate doesn’t exclude strings from bracket matching, so this problem doesn’t arise. I see how it would be annoying if you type stuff like

append("(")

often, but I generally like bracket matching in strings. Could this be made user-configurable (or is it already)?

EDIT: Oh, and I think Sublime Edit 2 is really great!

0 Likes