Sublime Forum

SublimeTagmatcher

Nice plugin! I just tested the latest version with a non-XHTML site I’ve been working with and it seemed to handle it just fine.

I’ve also added it to the Package Control default channel so it is easy to install and keep up to date.

0 Likes

Is just me or ST2 become better and better on each day?

0 Likes

Not until Jon will add brackets costumization way!!!

0 Likes

This is great! Should be in SublimeText2 itself :wink:

0 Likes

Hi, I’ve just submitted an issue.

Closing tags will only be outlined if the tag is followed by a space or new line.

The following examples will outline the closing tag:

[code]<a href"#">link

• link
  • [/code]

The following examples will not outline the closing tag:

[code]link

• link
  • [/code]
    0 Likes

[quote=“skaet”]Hi, I’ve just submitted an issue.

Closing tags will only be outlined if the tag is followed by a space or new line.

The following examples will outline the closing tag:

[code]<a href"#">link

• link
  • [/code]

The following examples will not outline the closing tag:

[code]link

• link
  • [/code][/quote]

Fixed Issue, as well as Smart Template issue

0 Likes

Just wanted to say that I bloody love this! Thank you so much for creating it - I don’t know how I lived without it before.

Cheers

0 Likes

Did some bug fixes and added multi select support.

Ctrl + Click multiple elements at a time.

0 Likes

Added ability to customize highlight settings.

0 Likes

I’m getting some interesting performance issues that are easy to reproduce in context but difficult to isolate to submit an issue.

The problem seems to be happen when opening a tag in a particular place, causing ST2 to hang for an extended period and use 50% CPU during that time. I’ll update this with more information after further testing.

0 Likes

I had the same problems today when editing a looooooog ruby file. When i tried to do some search, Sublime just hang and used 100% of cpu.

0 Likes

+1 SublimeTagmatcher seems to have a problem editing large files. ST2 started hanging (after installing couple of plugins) when editing very long files, so I moved my ‘Packages’ folder, restarted ST2 (simulating a fresh install) and then I started dropping each plugin one after the other (editing a long css file each time i restarted ST2), every thing was fine until I dropped in the SublimeTagmatcher plugin, ST2 started hanging when editing the long file (using almost 100% of cpu).

0 Likes

I have this problem too. This happens with Sublime Brackets too.

0 Likes

Yes, I have found that html and css files of only a few hundred lines are having issues. However, some tags don’t cause the hangups while others do. I mentioned it was hard to pinpoint exactly what and where the problem lies, as well as how to reproduce it reliably between different files.

0 Likes

I registered just to say thank you for developing this. It has been the main reason for me not switching over from notepad++ and if all bugs can be resolved, I may make the jump.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Hi all!

As others said before this is a really cool and usefull plugin, and after testing it I have the same problem: With large files it relentizes a lot the editor. I think in files with more than 100 lines aprox. it starts to be really slowly. I don’t know if it will be solved in future versions or if it’s not possible.

Anyway, one possible ‘fast’ solution:

• It’s possible to have something like an ‘extensions blacklist’ where put some extension files where don’t execute the plugin? It would be really nice, because in my case I have really long css files but smaller templates files. And where I find really usefull this plugin is with the templates files.

Thanks!!

0 Likes

Thanks for the neat plug-in. Makes finding ‘that missing ending tag’ much easier!

0 Likes

Thought to provide some feedback on this.
    On large CSS files (7000 lines for an example), typing in new code is veery slow with this plug-in enabled.
    Tried this on both OSX and Windows 7 and it behaves the same on both platforms, even on powerful systems.

Is this checking for the matching tags at each key-stroke ?
    Just wondering which would be the best patch for this behavior, such that other users can use it without any blockers.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

0 Likes

Having a 7000 lines css file is an issue by itself, no matter what plugins or editor are you using. :open_mouth:

0 Likes

The problem with this plugin and large files is currently how this plugin is implemented. It currently searches until it finds a match, so if you are between two brackets that are not far apart, then it is quick. If you are between no brackets in a large file, you will search the entire 7000 lines every time you move your cursor.

It is incorrect to say that it is something you just have to live with. I have created a branch that merged sublimeBracket and sublimeTagmatcher and does not have this problem. I fixed it by one: debouncing the events that trigger searching, two: implementing a search threshold so that by default you only search so far, and three: I allow blacklisting certain languages for matching via settings (you will never need to search for tags in CSS); if you would like to search the entire file until you find a match, that has been attached to an on demand shortcut.

0 Likes