Sublime Forum

Auto reload forced on?

It seems like Sublime 2 will auto reload a file if it’s changed outside of Sublime. Is there an option to turn off this behavior? Going back through the archives here, it sounds like Sublime 1 had an “autoReloadChanged” option, but setting that in the current sublime-settings files doesn’t seem to do anything (I tried both “autoReloadChanged” and “auto_reload_changed” to no avail).

Thanks,
John

0 Likes

Loose focus and bookmarks

I also have a problem with this. I have projects on remote hosts mounted through WebDrive as windows drives.
When I save the file, refresh my browser to see the changes and then come back to sublime - it reloads the file. It would be ok as it doesn’t take much time to reload but it skips to the beginning of the file and resets all the bookmarks to the first line. I undestand that file content can be changed after reload but it could try to place the cursor and bookmarks at the places where they were before.

Cheers and thanks for great software.

0 Likes

Oh, I understand it may be WebDrive fault to incorecly mark files as changed (have tried different cache settings to avoid this) but it would be great if ST handled this situation with ease ;

0 Likes

The autoreload drives me crazy too. I like that it reloads, but moving my cursor to the top everytime is really irritating. I’ll frequently have the same file open in 2 windows. When I save in the first, I lose my position in the second (very frustrating).

0 Likes

Reloading itself is a good thing IMO. What is bad is that scrolled position and markers are reset.

Jon said that the fact that it worked before was just a side effect of some other changes. For me it’s a major regression though and I hope this can be fixed/implemented for final at least.

0 Likes

Indeed it is.
I would like to see a confirmation box of files i want to update.

0 Likes

I’ve added a feature request for this, feel free to vote it up sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/58156-/

0 Likes

Did someone found a workaround for this problem ?
I have the same problem of auto-reload when I work on a mounted directory. I tried the sftp plugin to sync a remote folder, but I find it even more annoying

0 Likes

It’d be nicer if it can just navigate to the previous cursor after reloading. I don’t think it’s hard to implement that since the API already provides.
It’d be even nicer if there is an option to auto reload without focusing on the view.

However, I can’t find anywhere for auto-reload to modify.

I, on the other hand, like the auto-reload. For example, I write coffee-script and let it auto-compiled. I have one view for the source coffee file, and another for the compiled javascript file. Usually, when I save my source coffee file, Sublime will auto reload, but only when I focus on the compiled javascript file. I would like to see the file change immediately.

0 Likes

Yeah, I understand that the auto-reload is nice when a file has been modified, but in this case it is even reloaded if the file has just been executed …

It would not be so annoying if the cursor position was the same after an auto-reload. But the position and also bookmarks are lost after each auto-reload …

0 Likes