Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2109

Fyi, Still seeing the bugs with the indent guide not being solid and the ‘stack’ guides not drawing the whole way up to the line if the line is heavily indented. Screenshot here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2864&start=10#p13465

0 Likes

2109 keeps crashing when I open the Switch Project window (Ctrl+Alt+P) Windows 7 64bit.

0 Likes

I had the same problem on the windows portable version but it disappeared after a while.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbjornson”]

I had the same problem on the windows portable version but it disappeared after a while.[/quote]

Clicking a project item works, typing crashes :frowning:

0 Likes

I haven’t been able to replicate the ‘non-solid’ issue, but there is a fixed limit of 32 indent levels for tracking purposes (due to memory constraints) - after that, the active indent guide and stacked guides won’t work correctly.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 2109 is out now.

Indent guides have received some more tweaking, and the default color is now less bright. There’s more control over the rendering via the indent_guide_options setting, with it now possible to configure old style vs. new style active guide rendering.

One setting for indent_guide_options that was almost the default is:

"indent_guide_options": "draw_normal", "draw_active", "draw_stack", "normal_stippled", "stack_stippled"]

This draws the innermost active indent with a solid line, helping to differentiate it from the other highlighted guides in the stack.

There’s also a new global setting, close_windows_when_empty, which is enabled by default on OS X. This closes windows when the last open file is closed, unless there’s a folder open in the window.[/quote]

For me the color still the same, and I do not see any diference between the “active” and others, and see no difference by provide that configuration options or nothing… here is a picture:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6231/capturadeecr20110830s13.png

What’s the problem?

0 Likes

I see the brighter indent guide lines for the current block just fine on OS X 10.6.x.

Very nice!

S

0 Likes

I very much like the “almost the default” version… only it shows two pixel guide lines for levels 2 and up. level 1 of active solid line is a nice solid single pixel line… but in deeper levels it’s two lines, the stippled next to a solid line (two pixels total)… Also, will colors be configurable for all three guidelines? (normal, stack and active?)

0 Likes

I’m getting the same thing. The window comes up and as soon as I hit a key it crashes.

0 Likes

[quote=“joaodrp”]

is out now.

Indent guides have received some more tweaking, and the default color is now less bright. There’s more control over the rendering via the indent_guide_options setting, with it now possible to configure old style vs. new style active guide rendering.

One setting for indent_guide_options that was almost the default is:

"indent_guide_options": "draw_normal", "draw_active", "draw_stack", "normal_stippled", "stack_stippled"]

This draws the innermost active indent with a solid line, helping to differentiate it from the other highlighted guides in the stack.

There’s also a new global setting, close_windows_when_empty, which is enabled by default on OS X. This closes windows when the last open file is closed, unless there’s a folder open in the window.

For me the color still the same, and I do not see any diference between the “active” and others, and see no difference by provide that configuration options or nothing… here is a picture:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6231/capturadeecr20110830s13.png

What’s the problem?[/quote]

I forgot to mention my system:

Sublime 2109
Lion 10.7.1
In my base file I have: “indent_guide_options”: “draw_normal”, “draw_active”, “draw_stack”, “normal_stippled”, “stack_stippled”]

0 Likes

@joaodrp …that screenshot sure looks like what the Indent Guides plugin showed (two pixels solid lines). Make sure you have removed that plugin… just a thought, it might be some other thing causing your problem otherwise.

0 Likes

Thanks! I greatly appreciate both aspects of this behaviour.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

I haven’t been able to replicate the ‘non-solid’ issue, but there is a fixed limit of 32 indent levels for tracking purposes (due to memory constraints) - after that, the active indent guide and stacked guides won’t work correctly.[/quote]

Ah, no problem then.
Yea, I don’t have a good repro for it. I only see it on files > 10 indent levels deep, and so far only on linux. If no one else sees it don’t worry about it.

0 Likes

Hi, yes, I have the IndentGuides plugin, but I had disabled it, but just for sure, I remove it, but now I have no indent guides at all… here is my base file:

{ "caret_style": "blink", "codeintel_live": true, "color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai Soda.tmTheme", "color_scope_name": "wordhighlight", "draw_minimap_border": true, "ensure_newline_at_eof_on_save": true, "translate_tabs_to_spaces": true, "font_face": "Monaco", "font_size": 12, "highlight_line": true, "indent_guide_options": "draw_normal", "draw_active", "draw_stack", "normal_stippled", "stack_stippled"], "save_on_focus_lost": true, "sublimelinter": false, "tab_completion": true, "tab_size": 3, "wide_caret": true }

Any ideas of what’s appenning?

0 Likes

Did I break some setting, or has find/select more worked backwards for the last like three versions? Is there even a setting for that? “Select More” selects the previous occurrence of the selected word now. Seen on OSX 10.7.1 2109 (and before that).

0 Likes

You’ll want to open up the find panel and deselect the “reverse direction” button (right triplet, left button).

0 Likes

After uninstalling the plugin, restart, then close all open files - newly opened ones should then be back to normal. If all else fails, consider sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

“close_windows_when_empty” doesn’t close the window when the last tab is dragged into another window. Although I think it probably should even if that’s false…

0 Likes

jbrooksuk, voxmea: the crash you’re seeing should no longer happen in 2110

0 Likes

2109, 2110 and 2111 have this problem with guide lines (at least in Lion Mac OS X)…

The first level (using solid lines for “active”), shows a solid single pixel line as it should:

However, in further levels, guidelines are two pixels wide, one solid line and one stippled to the left:

0 Likes