Sublime Forum

Directory not loading in sidebar

hi, i’m having the same problem as detailed in this thread:

but i’m on windows, 32-bit. a specific directory is not loading - the arrow is pointing down but it’s not showing the folder below it or the contents of the subfolder. i’m getting the following messages in the console:

startup time: 7.59722
scan: /C/grails_projects/project_directory/src/java/com/sg has been seen before, skipping
loaded 937 snippets
scan: /C/grails_projects/project_directory/src/java/com/sg has been seen before, skipping

the folder that’s missing is at /src/java/com/sg/package_dir, and has multiple files inside it. if i add the package_dir directory as a project folder the files appear there, but i’d obviously rather have the side bar load the directory structure correctly.

in the previous thread i didn’t see a recipe for fixing this issue. i updated to the latest version of sublime (2095 from 2091) but that didn’t resolve it.

any help is much appreciated. thanks!

0 Likes

My trick is to order the folders correctly in the sidebar.
So, i put the ‘deepest’ folder at the top, that way if that folder is included by another folder later on, it will be shown at the top, but it might not get shown down below, but that’s ok cuz I have it at the top.
If there’s any hardlinks, that can throw it off, but if you play with the order of folders, and restart sublime as you go, you might be able to work around it.

0 Likes

well, as a workaround it does work to add the missing folder or folders to the project, and when doing “find in folder” it comes up with results in the files that aren’t showing in the side bar, so that’s good at least.

in doing some version control gymnastics i copied off the whole project to a temp location and ended up restoring it (copying it back to the original location) after a bit. now the missing folders are showing up, so that seems to have fixed whatever was going on.

thanks for the input!

0 Likes