Sublime Forum

Symbolic links on OS X

We have a directory structure containing five Ruby on Rails applications and certain directories are shared among all the applications. For example, application1/app/models is a symbolic link to shared/app/models.

Sublime Text 2 (build 2111) correctly expands the files in the symlinked directory when clicking the arrow (in the Folders sidebar) for application1/app/models, but it does not show anything for other applications, not even shared/app/models, which is the real directory containing the files.

Is this the expected behavior?

0 Likes

Do you have one of your links with relative path and the other with absolute? I am seeing this issue with relative paths only:

0 Likes

I’m experiencing the same problem with relative symlinks. The symlink target folder does not expand in the sidebar but the symlink itself does expand.

0 Likes

[quote=“rocketman”]Do you have one of your links with relative path and the other with absolute? I am seeing this issue with relative paths only:

https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/st2-b-2109-os-x-not-following-relative-symbolic-links/2396/1[/quote]

All of our symlinks are using relative paths.

0 Likes