Sublime Forum

Dirty file indicator is hidden with faded tabs

The new fading of too-long tab labels looks great, but it also makes the dirty file indicator impossible to see when the tab is faded. It would be better if the dirty file indicator was “docked” to the right or left side of the tab so I can still see it when I have a lot of files open (which is most of the time).

0 Likes

Bump.

This makes the dirty file indicator almost completely unusable for me, since I can never see it…

0 Likes

I agree. It is not perfect like this…

0 Likes

Can I get a bump on this? Is actually quite annoying as I have the sidebar off most of the time and didn’t even realise the dirty marker was in the titlebar.

Demonstration image below. Notice the dirty marker in the titlebar, but not in the tab: (And yes, sorry I’m unregistered, I promise I’ll pay soon!)

0 Likes

Bump.

I just got bit by this again - I missed that a couple files weren’t saved and broke some things in our code base because of it.

0 Likes

What about if the “dirty file” indicador wasn’t an asterisk or a dot in the tabs, but instead some sort of glow in those dirty tabs? I’d love that since it’d have an unobtosive and very nice and noticeable way to let you know what tabs are still unsaved, without taking space for text out in the tab. Jon, what do you think?

0 Likes

I was planning on changing the appearance of the close button for dirty files, but I do like the sound of this.

0 Likes

Move to the front of the tab instead of the end…? easy fix.

0 Likes