Sublime Forum

Unindent (Shift + Tab) deletes the selection

It works when I have the text selected and go to Edit > Line > Unindent, but when I use the shortcut, it simply deletes the selection.

0 Likes

It will insert a tab unless thereā€™s a newline in the selection. You can control this with the shift_tab_unindent file setting.

0 Likes

Where can I find a list of these settings? Iā€™d really like to trick out ST2 to my tastes without bugging you guys all the time. :smile:

Btw, saw this: sublimetext.com/docs/2/tab_completion.html
ā€œTo insert a tab rather than a completion, press shift+tab.ā€

Is Shift + Tab being used for too much?

0 Likes

Take a look through the default file settings via ā€œPreferences/File Settings - Defaultā€

0 Likes

Oh dear lord. :smile:

Ok, how about tweaking tab completion and zen-coding. Thatā€™ll keep me busy for a few weeks.

Btw, I donā€™t have $60 to lay down, you accept monthly payments of $10? :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œapleā€]Oh dear lord. :smile:

Ok, how about tweaking tab completion and zen-coding. Thatā€™ll keep me busy for a few weeks.

Btw, I donā€™t have $60 to lay down, you accept monthly payments of $10? :smile:[/quote]

Layaway for software? Brilliant lol :laughing:

0 Likes

I donā€™t even think I get anything extra for it do I? I just like the software and want to support it, but as long as Iā€™m supporting it I want to get rid of the ā€œWould you like to Register?ā€ popups. :smile:

0 Likes

I was bother by the popup too.

I use this patch. Works amazingly! :smiling_imp:

0 Likes

I tried that patch, but it keeps failing with

Error: Insufficient funds.
To stop receiving this message, please try to haggle a payment system you poor, poor, freak.
0 Likes

Here is a price-related discussion.
Iā€™ll quote my answer from there:

0 Likes

Itā€™s not even that I want to avoid paying or anything, itā€™s just I donā€™t have $60 now and I wanted to support the project regardless of whether or not I got the license. Itā€™d be nice to get the benefit of the license (not nagged) in the meantime though.

And FYI, Iā€™m a broke-ass programmer. $24k/yr. By the time I get all my bills paid I barely - barely break even.

0 Likes