Sublime Forum

New tutorial on creating keyboard-activated snippets

Hello!

After running into some undocumented issues while building several snippets and tying them, I’ve written a tutorial on how to create snippets and bind them to keyboard shortcuts at http://www.millwardesque.com/blogs/christopher-millward/speed-development-using-keyboard-triggered-snippets-sublime-text-2

Is there any way to contribute this stuff to the official site documentation, or should it just live on in blog form for now?

Thanks!
Christopher Millward

0 Likes

I’ve found my time spent reading the forums and checking out the default packages to be every bit worth while.

Though, there is a mention here sublimetext.info/docs/en/extensi … ppets.html (unofficial), you’re right there is no documentation on how to use the insert_snippet command with key bindings.

Documenting all the neat new features of ST is a really hard job. There are just so many :smile:

0 Likes

I totally agree with you on that one, the community is the best way to learn pretty much any new or niche technology, and documentation is usually the last thing to get attention for most developers.

Thanks for the link to SublimeText.info, I’m not sure how I missed it but it looks to be a great little resource!

0 Likes