Sublime Forum

Zen Coding ( CSS Snippets )

Output:

u'html,css,fc'

Yes, I have zen-settings.sublime-settings in User/
Both of zen-settings.sublime-settings is identical.

0 Likes

You right!

Now I understand how it works. Sorry for distraction.

0 Likes

hey, i was searching for class and ID thing, thanx a lot!

also a feedback. i discovered that when i wrap something with “enter haiku” [opn+shft+w], it corrupts the page encoding or maybe adds a hidden character somehow. my local php server displays a white page to me after i used that. i don’t know its directly related with zen coding snippet though.

0 Likes

Yup, Zen (and possibly just good ol’ ST2 in some contexts) has issues with PHP’s $ syntax sometimes, usually getting rid of the $ in the text or sometimes the whole variable, turning $this->property into ->property
It can be quite annoying actually, but I’ve kinda learnt to live with it as I’d expect the fix could be a very annoying one for you plugin devs!

0 Likes

Is it the latest version of Zen or Sublime that has stop press . or # when inside a tag inserting class="" or id=""?

0 Likes

Great thanks!

0 Likes

features “increment/decrement number by” have stopped working, why?

0 Likes

CTRL + ALT + ENTER are great tool, but on GIF video i can see they use a CSS SELECTOR,

What is the key binding for that?

0 Likes

Please help me!
where should I run this command $cd $PATH… etc?
should I innstall subversion system to do that?

0 Likes

sublimator, i want to add a href="" property when i press ~(tilde) key, how can i add that to zen-coding?

0 Likes

I am searching for hours but…

Is it possible to expand all abreviations (html and css) regardless the file you are in?

for example i want to expand div.title in a php file in an echo statement
or bd+ when writing style-“bd+ TAB”

is it possible and how?

0 Likes

Hi all,
I can not use tab to expand the css abbreviation in css, I don’t know why, but HTML is OK.
when I type fl then hit Tab, and it become fieldset, I think it should be float.
How can I fixed it?
and How to change the hotkey?

thank you.

0 Likes

:smiley: I am a new Sublimer. Absolutely Zen Coding here is so cool and I like it very much:D

0 Likes

[size=85]how can i install this on windows 7
[/size]

• installed with Package Control.
0 Likes

I’ve been using Zen Coding with Notepad++ and now trying it with Sublime Text 2 Beta build 2126. I installed Zen Coding, and then Compass, which may have also added Zen Coding.

There is one option I’m having trouble with–Wrap with abbreviation. This is shown as wrap_zen_as_you_type in your binding list, with two possible ways to do it. What I find is that this opens a ‘koan’ window, and anything I type in there replaces the material I wanted to wrap. This command is highly useful to me, as I constantly change my mind about how a site should look, and so need to be able to quickly change html. Any suggestions on what is wrong?

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

[quote=“whololo”]Hi

Any ideas on how I can get zen coding enabled in .php files?

It works great in html and css.

Thanks

PS: replies like "dont put html in php files are not appreciated :smile:[/quote]

Do you mean html inside a string/HEREDOC in PHP?[/quote]

I think he never replied. I’m using ST2 and have the same problem as him, while inside .php file I cannot use zen coding at all, even inside string or heredoc. Is there a way to make it work?

0 Likes

on the Sublime Text view menu, choose syntax. On the menu that flies out chose html. Works for me.

0 Likes

In this case

top:$(1:0);

Output will be with double spaces

top:__0;
0 Likes

Hi,

i just started using zen coding plugin, great time saver, but when writing css after pressing CTRL + SPACE i don’t see classes anymore. Is there way how to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Sure.

CTRL + SPACE when Zen is enabled.
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6470/sublime.jpg

CTRL + SPACE when Zen is disabled.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9844/sublimewithoutzen.jpg

0 Likes