Sublime Forum

Interactive Build System

Hello all,

I was trying to build a build system for my project, so I don’t have to switch from sublime to terminal on my mac.

I tried this:

{
	"working_dir": "/Volumes/Documents/somedir/",

"cmd": "bash", "deploy.sh"]
}

But got stuck in a infinity loop as deploy.sh is a interactive script.
I then tried:

{
	"working_dir": "/Volumes/Documents/somedir/",
	"shell": true,

"cmd": "bash", "deploy.sh"]
}

It just goes [finished]…

In addition I saw on the forums about project specific build files, I tried putting my build file in the same dir as my project and its save, but not joy tools->build system doesn’t pick it up (also annoying I have to restart sublime for it to pick up new build files)

0 Likes

Indeed.

If I get the chance/time I’ll have a play and report back

0 Likes

I’d be interested in hearing any progress, since I’m trying to do something similar. Ideally, I’m just trying to link my project build scripts (build release and package then run, build debug and launch via GDB, clean the build) into Sublime Text; however, I can’t launch GDB because the console is non-interactive. Is there a good way to maybe just launch a new terminal window from the build action – i.e. open a new window, and have the build process terminate when I exit?

Also on a related note, can I map different keys to different build profiles? Right now all I see is the ability to select a single profile, and map that (to Ctrl/Cmd-B by default). Mapping “Run/Debug/Clean” to hotk eys would be super slick!

0 Likes