Sublime Forum

Latin american layout

I´d bough a new macbook pro with a latin american keyboard, and im really having trouble with getting the keyboard shortcuts working.

Does anybody know of some resource that can give an insight about the keyboard shortcuts with this special keyboard layout?
I´ve search in the forum for something like this and i could find anything, so sorry if this is repeated!

thanks in advance,
gonzalo

0 Likes

My main problem right now is that i cannot reassign the fold command to another shortcut.
For example, in the Default key binding file i got:

{ "keys": "super+alt+"], "command": "fold" },

the problem is that i need to press “alt” to generate the bracket, so it doesnt work with the original binding. Instead, the command:

{ "keys": "super+]"], "command": "indent" },
	{ "keys": "super+"], "command": "unindent" },

both work, while pressing super + alt + ` (the alt key convert this into a bracket).
But if i reassigned in the User key binding this:

{ "keys": "super+]"], "command": "unfold" },
	{ "keys": "super+"], "command": "fold" },

it doesnt work, and i think that the user key binding is not overriding the default one, because, the behavior its the same, it will indent the text.

Any ideas?
thanks in advance,
gonzalo

0 Likes

I have the same problem but on a Swiss German keyboard. I have mapped the folding as follows:

{ "keys": "alt+keypad_minus"], "command": "fold" },
    { "keys": "alt+keypad_plus"], "command": "unfold" },
    { "keys": "ctrl+alt+keypad_plus"], "command": "unfold_all", "caption": "Unfold All" }

Using minus to fold the code and plus to expand the code has made it easier for me to remember…

Regarding resources on keyboard shortcuts, you might want to check these out:
sublimetext.info/docs/en/customi … dings.html
sublimetext.info/docs/en/referen … dings.html

0 Likes

Oh, another Swiss guy :smiley:

I think (and it’s the case for my keyboard Win7) that it’s the codekey of the key, not the actual character of the key that are used for the shortcut.
Actually fold/unfold shortcut work for me with the two key next to the backspace key even that it’s not the character “” or “]” that are printed on it.

0 Likes

In my Latin American Keyboard, I get to fold and unfold with
Fold = Control + Shift + ? (the key next to the zero, used for ?, \ and ')
Control + Shift + ¿ (the key to the left of the backspace, used for ¿ and ¡)

0 Likes