Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2116

Dev Build 2116 is out now, with a few miscellaneous changes.

The extra highlighting of neighboring brackets that was introduced in 2114 has been turned off by default, as IMO it turned out to be too noisy. It can be added back in by editing the .tmTheme file.

0 Likes

Didn’t know wether to respond to this build or the previous but please change the code folding keyboard shortcuts to something else. Not being able to use cmd + shift + ] or to switch between tabs is killing me! I’m going to have to switch back to the regular release until this goes back.

Nice job with the code folding though. I’d just rather use another shortcut.

0 Likes

HeroicEric: The key bindings were changed to cmd+alt+ and ] in 2116

0 Likes

Thanks for the release. I’m still amazed by the release cycle (at least two releases per week :open_mouth: )

Few ideas on how to improve code folding:

• one key for toggling ( f1 i think is not used for anything now )
  • define my own folding rules (in e-text i had a css rule that fold the code between /* @group / and / @end */ or smth like that.
  • adding folding icons on gutter that allows to (un)fold code based on brackets, indents (for py/ruby/whaeva languages) and rules.
  • double click on the folding icon should open the fold, no mater if i double click at the begining or at the end of the folded code.
  • hovering folded code icon should display a tooltip with the … folded code. I think textmate has this feature, but i’m not sure.

There, my dreams about folding :smiley:

There are few things on brackets too that i would like improved (and i bet i’m not the only one!):

• adding an outline option
  • adding a background option
  • different styles per bracket style (not very important tho)
  • would be great if bracket styles (underline/foreground/etc) can be set from options files, not from theme.
0 Likes

Sorry about that. I thought that I had already installed the latest build.

Thanks for the quick response!

0 Likes

2117 is out now, addressing an important regression in 2114

0 Likes

Build 2117
Release Date: 13 September 2011

A new release from the future. Next thing, Sublime Text builds will be coming from another planet.

0 Likes

What exactly do we change to turn the bracket highlighting back on?

0 Likes

You can refer to this:

Basically, you need to edit the .tmTheme file (xml) you’re using (Preferences > Color Scheme).

0 Likes

jps-- How is the syntax highlighting working for find in folders now? I hacked a .tmLanguage file to allow you to edit the User/Widget.sublime-settings that is now broken. The line numbers are colored now but nothing else.

0 Likes

[quote=“guillermooo”]You can refer to this:

Basically, you need to edit the .tmTheme file (xml) you’re using (Preferences > Color Scheme).[/quote]

Thank you.

0 Likes

What should users with non-english keyboards do? and ] is typed via Ctrl + Alt + 8/9 on Turkish keyboard for example.

0 Likes

Outstanding work Jon.

On the theme front for the Find Results area, will it be possible in the future to allow a custom theme to control the tmTheme rules for the output, in the same way we can for the input fields via a Widget file? Or some other mechanism for tailoring the results output?

I experimented with trying to change the line number labels, file name colours, background and removing the code view line numbers via the Widget Theme file (for Soda Theme), but it looks to be currently drawn from the rules in the main code editing syntax theme.

0 Likes

[quote=“buymeasoda”]On the theme front for the Find Results area, will it be possible in the future to allow a custom theme to control the tmTheme rules for the output, in the same way we can for the input fields via a Widget file? Or some other mechanism for tailoring the results output?

I experimented with trying to change the line number labels, file name colours, background and removing the code view line numbers via the Widget Theme file (for Soda Theme), but it looks to be currently drawn from the rules in the main code editing syntax theme.[/quote]

I think the current approach of having the Find Results (if the Use Buffer button is checked) use the users color scheme is probably the right thing to do: if a user has chosen a specific color scheme, such as Cobalt, then it’d be jarring for the Find Results to be in a different color scheme.

If “Use Buffer” isn’t checked, so the find results appear in a panel, then I believe the widget settings should already be applied.

I think the best option is to build a color scheme that’s designed to be used with a given theme, which I think you’re already doing.

0 Likes

Same as mine!
Is there anywhere to edit the folding settings?

0 Likes

Probably you should check for an actual dev-build. The most current is 2190. Many things have changed since build 2116.

0 Likes

I’m on the latest stable release (Build 2181).
Would you happen to know if the code folding settings have been implemented?

Thx

0 Likes

I would like to know this as well.

It would be perfect if code folding region could be defined with a regex match.

0 Likes

This is a great idea, but would probably be best read in a new post to get the real question across… :smile: For what it’s worth, I don’t think that functionality is built in - but might make a great plugin.

0 Likes