Sublime Forum

EasyMotion in sublime

Wow, this looks pretty awesome. I’d love to play around with it. Exactly what I was looking for. Let me know when you’ve got it ready for ST2.

0 Likes

If you released this for ST2, I would use it every day.

0 Likes

[quote]Are you a Vintage user? Their may be problems integrating this with your Vintage
workflow.[/quote]

For the time being, I have vintage enabled but if it came down to HotSpots vs Vintage, I would disable Vintage in a heartbeat.

In concern to the digraphs vs easyMotion’s technique, I prefer easyMotion’s method. Until there is an easier way to implement it though, it’s no big deal to go with digraphs. My only concern with the digraphs is how it handles multiples of the same word.

If I had:

a: true b: true c: true d: true
Two of the digraphs would have to be the same, right?

Anyway, I appreciate your effort and can’t wait to see how it turns out.
I’ll see if I can think of a better workaround to implement easymotion’s concept… Perhaps something with /comments/

0 Likes

No, sorry. I’m a git(hub) user :smile:

0 Likes

Here’s my Github account though: github.com/BoundInCode

0 Likes

I thought that I deleted my BitBucket account. Turns out it still works. My username’s BoundinCode, too

0 Likes

I’ve been playing around with it for a little while now and I’m impressed. It works great. Since I’m using OSX atm so I had to change a lot of the keybindings (because OSX stole all of the alt keys thinking that I insert π鮆µ∫√∂¬ß∂ƒ∆ß∂˚ƒ∆ all the time :confused: ) So as I fiddled with the keybindings, I found a lot of extra functionality that I could not understand. Additionally, there seemed to be a lot of keys bound to enter “volcano mode” that were indistinguishable (e.g. alt-i and alt-n seem identical). I’ll keep playing around with it though (because it’s so damn fun).

Thanks again for this.

btw. I decided to bind volcano mode to "," , "t"] and it works pretty well.

0 Likes

C0D312, can you post your OS X bindings? I want to play with this but I haven’t had time yet to rebind all the keys.
Thanks!

0 Likes

Fixed my OSX keybindings. I changed them a few times so far. I changed alt to ctrl. Tip for OSX users: Because my finger can never seem to press the ctrl key, I went into System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and remapped my caps-lock to control. This makes life so much easier and hotspots/volcanoes much better. :smiley:

Here are my OSX bindings: gist.github.com/1223147

There was only one or two conflicts when switching from alt to ctrl. I fixed them accordingly…

0 Likes

Did you push those changes to BitBucket? I don’t see any change and there’s no commit message about it…

0 Likes

Alright. Just making sure I didn’t miss something… No prob

0 Likes

I am so happy right now… motion is so easy…

0 Likes

Can you add me please? jbrooksuk :smiley:

0 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

0 Likes

Have some posts in this thread been deleted? Having some difficulty following - did someone create a plugin / key binding set to emulate EasyMotion in VIM?

0 Likes

The plugin mentioned is an evolution of a select to character command originally written for ST1. It highlighted the character regions to provide some predictability. I was playing about after that with some weird bisecting navigation, using a skip jump, reverse and skip again style, made possible because of the predictability. Then I thought about just using [di]graphs (and later non contiguous digraphs) I called it hotspots.

@COD312 asked about EasyMotion and it sounded like my old plugin. From what I’ve read/heard of EasyMotion I don’t think you could currently implement it in Sublime. I wish you could as I think it’s a superior method. It does a similar menuising of the visible region but [a]nstead **t [c]aints [d]etters [e]ver [f]he [g]okens. Reading that, you’d imagine it wouldn’t be that practical, but consider you are already laser targeted on where you want to go typically when you initiate a motion.

@COD312 was recently asking me about publishing the plugin. Maybe I will. Just don’t expect EasyMotion. It’s similar in scope but different in execution.**

0 Likes

bitbucket.org/sublimator/volcanoes

0 Likes

0 Likes

You winning kids these days :confused: I can’t believe it’s not clojure

0 Likes

I’ve installed it, but I can’t find how to enter in volcanise mode.

Can you show me how to use the plugin step by step, please?

Thank you.

0 Likes