The current method of getting SASS syntax highlighting support on OSX is:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 2/Packages
git clone git://github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle.git "SCSS"

It’d be much easier for all if Sass syntax highlighting was included

github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle/

0 Likes

I’ve created a ST specific fork for Kuroir’s bundle:

github.com/charlesr/SCSS.tmbundle

There are some things in there which probably don’t need to be, but I wasn’t sure so I left them in. Could anyone confirm what doesn’t work or is redundant? Thanks.

0 Likes

The official repo for the ST2 SCSS package has moved:

github.com/kuroir/SCSS/tree/SublimeText2

Note that it is a branch, not master so pay attention to the README if you’re cloning via Github.

0 Likes

Seems to be a follow up here.

Update on the Installation Instructions from the above link:

OS X

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 2/Packages git clone -b SublimeText2 git://github.com/kuroir/SCSS.git

Windows

cd %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages git clone -b SublimeText2 git://github.com/kuroir/SCSS.git

0 Likes

@krisbulman

Thanks! Worked like a dream!

0 Likes

hey guys,

i have a little batch file on windows that helps me a lot and just wanted to share it to you, it is build on top of the git repository batch script file. With this script you are able to manage to have *.scss symlinks but to copy the compiled *.css files into your repository(normally this is a problem if you only have symlinks in your repository as mercurial doesn’t “see” that the sources have changed")
So its useful in a symlinks repo environment
it also adds the option to choose if sass should compress the css

[code]cd /d %1
CHOICE /C JN /M compress?
if errorlevel 2 goto nocompress

SET option=–style compressed
GOTO decide
:nocompress
SET option=

:decide
IF %1==“YOUR REPO DIR PATH(THE ONE WITH THE SYMLINKS) with normal backslashes” (goto fileee) else (goto normal)

:fileee
SET input=THE PATH OF THE DIR YOUR ORIGINAL FILES !!! Please replace all \ with / on windows
SET output=YOUR REPO DIR PATH(THE ONE WITH THE SYMLINKS)!!! Please replace all \ with / on windows
sass --watch %input%:%output% %option%
pause
:normal
sass --watch .:. %option%
pause
[/code]

i don’t know but maybe it helps someone, because for me it was hard to figure out that sass requires to replace the backslashes with slashes in order that you can define 2 different input/output folders. maybe a windows thing or so… don’t know.

PS: The rest is just like in the GIT repo, just search this thread…ah ok here there is the url: github.com/nathansmith/sublime-text-haml-sass

0 Likes

On Mac OSX:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 2/Packages git clone -b SublimeText2 git://github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle.git SCSS

On Windows:

cd %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages git clone -b SublimeText2 git://github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle.git SCSS

Source: https://github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle/tree/SublimeText2

0 Likes

Hey,

Lead Developer of the SCSS Bundle.

Sorry about changing stuff so much there, looks like maybe I’ll be staying with ST2 for some time.

0 Likes

Hi,

Summary

I have added SASS support as per the latest instructions and the result is that normal CSS autocomplete is sort of broken.

Detail

With a SASS document in Syntax CSS mode all CSS autocomplete is normal/good, for example type ‘te’ and ‘text-decoration’ (plus lots of others) is auto suggested.

With a SASS document in Syntax SASS:
type ‘te’ and ‘text-decoration’ (etc) isn’t suggested
type ‘tex’ and it isn’t
type ‘tex’ then Ctrl+Space and it isn’t
type ‘tex’ then Space then BackSpace then Ctrl+Space and ‘text-decoration’ IS auto suggested

I’ve nearly worn out Google trying to find a fix for this.

Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Even more time Googling and I stumbled on this github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle … blimeText2
It works and solves the problem.

0 Likes