Sublime Forum

Objective-C Completions?

Howdy all.

A quick read through the documentation leads me to believe I can use TextMate bundles in Sublime. When I copy over the Objective-C bundle and restart, I get and handful of error alerts and none of the bundle’s commands are made available. Is this not yet possible? Has anyone started work on a new set of Objective-C commands for use with Sublime?

Thanks for any responses.

0 Likes

Where are you placing the textmate bundle?

On OSX it should be in ‘~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/’
On Windows it should be in appdata/Sublime Text/Packages/

When you open Sublime, you should be able to change the syntax to Objective-C

0 Likes

Actually, Objective-C as a language/syntax is supported out of the box. What I was hoping to get from the TextMate bundle was the ability to type the first few characters of a selector/method name and tab-complete it or pull up a method list. This is a huge time-saver in both TextMate and Xcode.

I placed the bundle in:

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Objective-C/

This path was pre-existing and contained two files:

Objective-C.tmLanguage
Objective-C++.tmLanguage

I added a third:

Objective-C.tmbundle

As I mentioned before, a restart didn’t result in any of the bundles commands being made available.

0 Likes

Nothing? Okay, I’m guessing people aren’t using Sublime for Objective-C code quite yet. I’m enjoying playing with the betas though and look forward to it’s progress.

0 Likes

ST2 reads TextMate syntaxes and snippets only. Commands have to be ported to the ST2 plugin architecture.

0 Likes