Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2120

Will you be turning the hot_exit global setting off?

No, I'll leave it enabled as per the defaults
73%
Yes, I prefer not to preserve the session
27%

Total votes : 49

Re: Dev Build 2120

Postby stiang on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:47 pm

jps wrote:Goto Anything now displays files in most recently used order

Thank you so much for this.
stiang

Postby jps on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:22 am

aparajita wrote:You do realize that at some point you will have to create proper documentation for ST2. It will help its adoption tremendously.

The documentation has been slowly expanding, although feature discovery is a fundamental issue irrespective of how much there is - I'm not sure what documentation could have helped in this scenario.
jps
Site Admin

Postby buymeasoda on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 am

Does anyone else have a situation where the "Find in Files" options (eg. disabling "Show context" and "Use buffer"), keep getting turned back on and not remembering the settings previously chosen?

Is this a bug or a feature that can be set via settings, or something up with my install?
buymeasoda

Postby jps on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:36 am

buymeasoda wrote:"Find in Files" options (eg. disabling "Show context" and "Use buffer"), keep getting turned back on and not remembering the settings previously chosen?

This shouldn't be happening - is this occurring every time you open the find in files panel, only when restarting, or something else?
jps
Site Admin

Postby buymeasoda on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:46 am

When I start (or restart) Sublime Text, and switch between the Find modes (find in current document, find in files, find / replace), the following options are automatically set for each find panel:

Find: Wrap, Highlight Matches
Find / Replace: Wrap, Highlight Matches
Find in Files: Show Context, Use Buffer

Toggling any of these off and on, or selecting other options, then closing and restarting Sublime causes the above options to be set back again.

The other scenario where it occurs is for the Find in Files panel. If I deselect the above active options, or activate other options on this panel, then switch to another find type (eg. Find / Replace), then back to Find in Files, it goes back to the two original options listed above.

I'm on Mac OS X Lion with Build 2120.
buymeasoda

Postby capnhud on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am

jps wrote:Dev Build 2120 is out now, with some important changes.

Firstly, hot exit is now the default. This means that the normal quit key binding (OS X) or closing the last window (Windows and Linux) won't prompt to save changes, instead the application will just exit immediately and restore the changes the next time it's started. This behavior can be changed with the hot_exit global setting.

Is the change supposed to be disabled in the global user setting?
capnhud

Postby capnhud on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 am

buymeasoda wrote:When I start (or restart) Sublime Text, and switch between the Find modes (find in current document, find in files, find / replace), the following options are automatically set for each find panel:

Find: Wrap, Highlight Matches
Find / Replace: Wrap, Highlight Matches
Find in Files: Show Context, Use Buffer

Toggling any of these off and on, or selecting other options, then closing and restarting Sublime causes the above options to be set back again.

The other scenario where it occurs is for the Find in Files panel. If I deselect the above active options, or activate other options on this panel, then switch to another find type (eg. Find / Replace), then back to Find in Files, it goes back to the two original options listed above.

I'm on Mac OS X Lion with Build 2120.

Experiencing similar behavior in Windows XP SP3
capnhud

Postby aparajita on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:43 pm

jps wrote:
aparajita wrote:I'm not sure what documentation could have helped in this scenario.

I don't remember seeing any documentation for the menu item to hide Open Files. We can't be expected to do a diff on the menu items with each new release.
aparajita

Postby jps on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:47 pm

aparajita wrote:I don't remember seeing any documentation for the menu item to hide Open Files. We can't be expected to do a diff on the menu items with each new release.

It's listed in the changelog
jps
Site Admin

Postby natebeaty on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 pm

aparajita wrote:I don't remember seeing any documentation for the menu item to hide Open Files. We can't be expected to do a diff on the menu items with each new release.

You're using a bleeding edge release of beta software, how can you possibly expect documentation? I don't think it's up to Jon to expect users to do anything with this sort of release but to give reasonably tempered feedback and appreciation for being the rare breed of developer that releases so rapidly & is so communicative with the user base. As he says, it's in the changelog, which are always clearly written.

If it was a v1.0 and you'd paid $60, then I could see getting upset about a lack of docs -- but you would have known that before buying the software.
natebeaty

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion