Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2127

Dev Build 2127 is out now, with a collection of tweaks - details are in the changelog

0 Likes

Folder expanding finally … THANKS!!! Been waiting for that one :geek:

0 Likes

Not sure if that’s a new problem but seems like Sublime is leaking memory. I can reproduce around 15MB leaked on each invocation of CMD+P and inputing some random characters to lookup few different files. After longer session ST2 was using around 700MB of RAM.

I have two quite big directories added in the side panel and around 30 files open + some bundles installed. If you can’t reproduce easily then I can try nailing it down by trying clean profile and such.

Mac OSX Lion.

0 Likes

Can you try without any plugins installed? I’m not seeing this behaviour.

0 Likes

I can’t pinpoint it to any specific plugin and it seems to happen in pristine configuration too. The effect is not as dramatic then though. Plugins appear to amplify the problem.

I’ve reproduced by adding directory to the sidebar with large number of files (thousands), pressed CMD+P and held arrow down to scroll through every file. Memory usage slowly but consistently raises then.

I can reproduce this both on Mac and Windows. Build 2127.

0 Likes

i can confirm this. Just browsing through the files increases memory footprint. Maybe this is normal, cause he needs more memory, but on the other hand after closing the GO-TO-Anything dialog no memory is freeded up.
windows, 2127, a normal wordpress folder structure loaded in the sidebar. Just scrolling through the files.

0 Likes

A small increase in memory usage while holding the down arrow in the Goto Anything dialog is expected - memory fragmentation will occur in this scenario. There will be an initial increase in memory usage due to syntax definition loading and glyph cache population, and further increases after a certain point should be small and mostly fragmentation related. I believe there are no memory leaks in this scenario (a cursory valgrind run agrees). Plugins can change this dramatically.

Just to be clear, loading thousands of files with no memory fragmentation is not something I’m aiming to achieve.

0 Likes

1. Download attached file
  2. Extract and place 5 copies of it in the “User” directory.
  3. Press Cmd/Ctrl+p and hold down for a while

Note how fast memory usage increases and compare with these 5 copies removed (or “sublime.set_timeout(functools.partial(callback, *args, **kwargs), 0)” line commented out).
With these 5 copies memory usage increases much faster than without them.

Funny thing about this script is that none of its code (including the line I’ve suggested commenting out) should run unless explicitly invoked, as far as I can see.
git.py.zip (4.62 KB)

0 Likes

Reindent still broken :frowning: Reindenting my reindent keymap results in this:

{ "keys": "ctrl+alt+super+"], "command": "reindent" }
]
0 Likes