Sublime Forum

SideBar Enhanc.. (Clipboard, Open With., Reload renamed)

If there is a backslash in that file it should be double. \ instead of \

Question: If you selected from the menu “Open / Run” on a Photoshop file ( above of “Open with…” ) it opens the file with some application?

0 Likes

In theory if you type in cmd

/Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app "/somefolderto/photoshopfile.psd"

If that is not the case… maybe this?

open -a /Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app "/somefolderto/photoshopfile.psd"

Let me know which command works for you, I can update to check os exceptions.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]nobleach, module Image is not available at ST, but I’ve found this from project bfg-pages which seems to work great. : )

Update v0.3:

• Fixed: Open should run correctly with some strange characters on paths
  • New: “Open with…” is enabled and allows to set custom applications for different file extensions.
  • New: “Copy content as Data URI” ( handy for embedding images on CSS files )
  • Improved: Copy img tags now add attributes width and height thanks to project bfg-pages and suggestion from nobleach.

Wanted!

• A small contribution if you can
  • Feedback from linux, mac and Windows 7 users, I tested this only on WinXP. It works? Something wrong? Something good?: P

Regards[/quote]

GREAT, I’m loving it! Yeah, I think the lack of a full python was also biting the guy working on the Color-Picker plugin. Glad to see you found a way around it.

Thanks again for your work!

-nobleach

0 Likes

Using this opens Photoshop:open -a /Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app but adding a filename as you suggested did not work. Instead I got an error: The file *** does not exist.
This one gave an error: /Applications/Adobe CS5/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Photoshop CS5.app: is a directory
Thanks for you help so far… nearly there!

P.S. I think I need to edit my forum signature once I have this sorted… cl.ly/AwEr

0 Likes

: D Almost

With this as the line of the application in the config file:

"application": "/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app",

And downloading the new version I uploaded five minutes ago, can you please test.

Crossing fingers :mrgreen:

Additional questions! ( unrelated to above )

1. Over a photoshop file, pressing on context menu “Open / Run” opens photoshop?
  2. Over a any file/folder, pressing on context menu “Reveal” opens Finder with the file/folder focused?
  3. Careful with this one!! When you delete a file via the context menu, the file is sent to the “trash”?
    Thanks
0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]: D Almost

"application": "/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app",

And downloading the new version I uploaded five minutes ago, can you please test.

Crossing fingers :mrgreen:
[/quote]

It still does not work for me I’m afraid… :frowning: I uninstalled the plugin, then reintalled it with Package Control. Where am going wrong? Should the app be open already? I even tried without the new backslashes you added, to no avail.

0 Likes

Hey Mr, try to open a psd file from the cmd, once you get the file opened let me know which command works for you. Please come back with the complete line without encryption ; )

I want to suggest you to try the following

open -a /Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app /User/path/to/some/psd/file/this.psd

With quotes:

open -a /Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app "/User/path/to/some/psd/file/this.psd"

What about my other questions?

0 Likes

In Linux I can open files using “Open/Run” but “Open with” doesn’t work

I’ve tried evince, eog and gnome-font-viewer.eog and evince open but with a blank window. gnome-font-viewer never opened. I think “Open with” never receives selected filename.

0 Likes

Hi xavi, I think is fixed now~, It works for me when using just the application name, I think it should be on PATH,
for example:

{ 
	"caption": "Firefox",
	"id": "side-bar-files-open-with-firefox",    

"command": "side_bar_files_open_with",     
	"args": {
			"paths": ],
			"application": "firefox",
			"extensions":".*" //any file with extension
	} 
},

Let me know if that works for you.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Hi xavi, I think is fixed now~, It works for me when using just the application name, I think it should be on PATH,
for example:

{ 
	"caption": "Firefox",
	"id": "side-bar-files-open-with-firefox",    

"application": "firefox",
			"extensions":".*" //any file with extension
	} 
},

Let me know if that works for you.[/quote]

After this upgrade it works like a charm. Great job!!!

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Hey Mr, try to open a psd file from the cmd, once you get the file opened let me know which command works for you. Please come back with the complete line without encryption ; )

I want to suggest you to try the following

open -a /Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app /User/path/to/some/psd/file/this.psd

With quotes:

open -a /Applications/Adobe\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS5.app "/User/path/to/some/psd/file/this.psd"

What about my other questions?[/quote]

Both examples open Photoshop but neither open the file… but when PS is already open, both examples successfully open the file…

P.s. Apologies for the delayed response, I didn’t know that anyone replied to me… when can we get an improved forum?

0 Likes

Can you please answer this:

[quote=“tito”]

1. Over a photoshop file, pressing on context menu “Open / Run” opens photoshop?
  2. Over a any file/folder, pressing on context menu “Reveal” opens Finder with the file/folder focused?
  3. Careful with this one!! When you delete a file via the context menu, the file is sent to the “trash”?
    Thanks[/quote]
0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Can you please answer this:

[quote=“tito”]

3. Careful with this one!![/quote]

When you delete a file via the context menu, the file is sent to the “trash”?
Thanks[/quote]

In answer to your questions:

1. This does not open Photoshop & with the command log turned on I get this:
command: side_bar_open {"paths": "/Users/MyUser/Dropbox/Work/Web/Clients (Current)/Client1/Logo/Logo.psd"]}
  1. Reveal works as expected
  2. Delete does not work for me

Open with return this in the console:

command: side_bar_files_open_with {"application": "/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app", "extensions": "psd|png|jpg|jpeg|gif", "paths": "/Users/MyUser/Dropbox/Work/Web/Clients (Current)/Client1/Logo/Logo.psd"]}
0 Likes

Tito,
Would be awesome if you could fork this plugin over to the S2 GitHub org! Good stuff!
Greg

0 Likes

[quote=“MrMartineau”]

[quote=“tito”]Can you please answer this:

When you delete a file via the context menu, the file is sent to the “trash”?
Thanks
In answer to your questions:

1. This does not open Photoshop & with the command log turned on I get this:
command: side_bar_open {"paths": "/Users/MyUser/Dropbox/Work/Web/Clients (Current)/Client1/Logo/Logo.psd"]}
  1. Reveal works as expected
  2. Delete does not work for me

Open with return this in the console:

command: side_bar_files_open_with {"application": "/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app", "extensions": "psd|png|jpg|jpeg|gif", "paths": "/Users/MyUser/Dropbox/Work/Web/Clients (Current)/Client1/Logo/Logo.psd"]}

Mr thanks for your answers!

I think I have something… please update the package

Try “open with…”

If still not working…

go to menu “view” -> “show console”
and try some of the following… until you get the file opened.

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', '/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'])

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', '/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', 'mypsd.psd'], cwd='/path/to/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'])

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'], cwd='/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', 'mypsd.psd'], cwd='/path/to/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Photoshop', 'mypsd.psd'], cwd='/path/to/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Photoshop', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'])

Hope you can open that file and tell me which command works.

I’ve some questions:
1 ) Can you open a photoshop file via “Open/Run” menuitem now? I think is fixed.
2 ) CAREFUL with this one: Is now a folder or file successfully sent to trash? If not, is there some message into the console?
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

An improvement to celebrate changes introduced on version 2134:

• After a file or folder is moved or renamed, the views(tabs) affected by the rename will reflect the new location(reload) keeping content, selections and scroll.

Any problem let me know

[size=85]There is a little bug with scroll which differs a few lines, looks like I can’t tell the editor to put line xxx on top, then I tell to put line xxx on bottom and because of the size of the “Rename box” the first line differs.[/size]

0 Likes

Just to mention that I added bookmarks and marks to the bits copied when a view/file is moved from its location.

Also, users that can’t select multiples files or folders is because “open files” option is turned off. Then, I reviewed the code to take care when multiples files/folders are selected.

0 Likes

Has there been any luck/attempt getting this plugin to work with the Side Bar “Open Files”. I poked around a little bit and it looks like the open file items are handled differently than the project files, is this true? I only get “Close” as a menu item.

Nice plugin, it definitely adds some much needed functionality.

0 Likes

Nope, at some point I think “Open Files” will act in a similar way to project folders on which “Remove Folder from Project” appears but the normal menu appears too.
Regards

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]
Mr thanks for your answers!

I think I have something… please update the package

Try “open with…”

If still not working…

go to menu “view” -> “show console”
and try some of the following… until you get the file opened.

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', '/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'])

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', '/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', 'mypsd.psd'], cwd='/path/to/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'])

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'], cwd='/Applications/Adobe\\ CS5/Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Adobe\\ Photoshop\\ CS5.app', 'mypsd.psd'], cwd='/path/to/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Photoshop', 'mypsd.psd'], cwd='/path/to/')

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', 'Photoshop', '/path/to/mypsd.psd'])

Hope you can open that file and tell me which command works.

I’ve some questions:
1 ) Can you open a photoshop file via “Open/Run” menuitem now? I think is fixed.
2 ) CAREFUL with this one: Is now a folder or file successfully sent to trash? If not, is there some message into the console?
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

So after a lot of trial & more error with these 7 commands, I managed to get them all working! I did have to change your commands however; none of them worked in their provided state, so I experimented - removing backslashes, spaces etc - until I finally tried the commands without any backslashes & just entered the file/app locations as they & low & behold,they worked.

I had to change 6 & 7’s app name to Adobe Photoshop CS5 as that’s how my app is named.

Just so we’re clear, here’s one of them:

import subprocess; subprocess.Popen('open', '-a', '/Applications/Adobe CS5/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Photoshop CS5.app', 'Logo.psd'], cwd='/Users/mrmartineau/Dropbox/Work/Web/Clients (Current)/Company/Logo/')

After that I thought I would toy around with the sublime-menu file, which I got working. Instead of providing the app’s location, I just provided the name (without backslashes if there are spaces etc) and it now works perfectly!! Here’s my full sublime-menu file for reference:

[code]
{“id”: “side-bar-files-open-with”,
“children”:

//application 1
		{
			"caption": "Photoshop",
			"id": "side-bar-files-open-with-photoshop",

"application": "Adobe Photoshop CS5.app",
								"extensions":"psd|png|jpg|jpeg|gif"  //any file with these extensions