Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

VIM to Sublime Text

VIM to Sublime Text

Postby malpeli on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:37 am

Hi everyone!

Im happy learning how to migrate from vim to sublimetext... But I have to be honest that I'm missing some VIM features. Specially this:

The block cursor
Its too difficult to see cursor some times. To fix that Im using a colorful "highlight line" and the 'wide' option to hint me where cursor are ... VIM highlight the cursor column too so you can see a cross on the page :) This happen because of VIM commands that makes the cursor jumps around, is difficult to follow him

reindent block
VIM '=' (in visual mode) and '==' (command mode) is something difficult to live without. indent code from scratch is something that take some patience sometimes :)

moving through sentences and paragraphs
I'm searching this since my first day... ')' to move sentence... '}' to move paragraphs

There are a way to simulate this behaviors in Sublime Text?

Thank you in advance!
malpeli

Re: VIM to Sublime Text

Postby guillermooo on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 am

malpeli wrote:reindent block
VIM '=' (in visual mode) and '==' (command mode) is something difficult to live without. indent code from scratch is something that take some patience sometimes

Are you using your own mappings in Vim? The standard commands should be ">" and ">>". They work in Sublime Text.

malpeli wrote:moving through sentences and paragraphs
I'm searching this since my first day... ')' to move sentence... '}' to move paragraphs

I don't think those particular text objects have been implemented yet.
guillermooo

Postby grayrest on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

guillermooo wrote:
malpeli wrote:reindent block
VIM '=' (in visual mode) and '==' (command mode) is something difficult to live without. indent code from scratch is something that take some patience sometimes

Are you using your own mappings in Vim? The standard commands should be ">" and ">>". They work in Sublime Text.

> is increase indent whle = is "reindent using the indent script".
grayrest

Postby guillermooo on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Ah, ok. No, that's not implemented either... You can take a look through Packages/Vintage/Default.sublime-keymap to see what's available now.
guillermooo

Postby malpeli on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Thank you :D ... I will wait until reindent and movements in blocks is implemented. I hope this is on the list because it's something really important. The 'move around' on Sublime Text is really a slow process for now.
malpeli

Return to Technical Support