Sublime Forum

VIM to Sublime Text

Hi everyone!

Im happy learning how to migrate from vim to sublimetext… But I have to be honest that I’m missing some VIM features. Specially this:

The block cursor
Its too difficult to see cursor some times. To fix that Im using a colorful “highlight line” and the ‘wide’ option to hint me where cursor are … VIM highlight the cursor column too so you can see a cross on the page :smile: This happen because of VIM commands that makes the cursor jumps around, is difficult to follow him

reindent block
VIM ‘=’ (in visual mode) and ‘==’ (command mode) is something difficult to live without. indent code from scratch is something that take some patience sometimes :smile:

moving through sentences and paragraphs
I’m searching this since my first day… ‘)’ to move sentence… ‘}’ to move paragraphs

There are a way to simulate this behaviors in Sublime Text?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes

[quote=“malpeli”]reindent block
VIM ‘=’ (in visual mode) and ‘==’ (command mode) is something difficult to live without. indent code from scratch is something that take some patience sometimes [/quote]

Are you using your own mappings in Vim? The standard commands should be “>” and “>>”. They work in Sublime Text.

[quote=“malpeli”]moving through sentences and paragraphs
I’m searching this since my first day… ‘)’ to move sentence… ‘}’ to move paragraphs
[/quote]

I don’t think those particular text objects have been implemented yet.

0 Likes

[quote=“guillermooo”]

[quote=“malpeli”]reindent block
VIM ‘=’ (in visual mode) and ‘==’ (command mode) is something difficult to live without. indent code from scratch is something that take some patience sometimes [/quote]

Are you using your own mappings in Vim? The standard commands should be “>” and “>>”. They work in Sublime Text.[/quote]

is increase indent whle = is “reindent using the indent script”.

0 Likes

Ah, ok. No, that’s not implemented either… You can take a look through Packages/Vintage/Default.sublime-keymap to see what’s available now.

0 Likes

Thank you :smiley: … I will wait until reindent and movements in blocks is implemented. I hope this is on the list because it’s something really important. The ‘move around’ on Sublime Text is really a slow process for now.

0 Likes