Sublime Forum

20090602 Beta

20090602 addresses a few long standing requests, most notably the ability to resize the panes and panels via dragging with the mouse.

I’m keen to hear if anyone feels the redone preferences menu is a step backwards rather than forwards: it’s back to a simple menu structure, but it provides more direct access to the parts that are important to customise.

Not mentioned in the release notes is the addition of per-project options to the API (accessible via window.project().options()), and a ‘Tools/New Plugin’ menu command that fills in a simple template, and sets the current directory to the Packages/User directory.

The new format for .sublime-build files (old format ones are still supported) is also much saner, here’s the contents of JavaC.sublime-build:

build javac.exe "$File"
lineNumberRegex ^(...*?):([0-9]*):?([0-9]*)

The ‘build’ option is the command line to run, and the ‘lineNumberRegex’ option is used when double-clicking on the output window (first group is the file name, second is the line number, and third, if any, it the column number).

0 Likes

I think the new menu is very user friendly specially for new people to sublime text. Good job on the updates! keep it up Jon! :smile:

0 Likes

Hurray! Many thanks good sir. Keep up the good work.

0 Likes

I love the resizable panes. Sometime the console pane was far too small.
I prefer the redone preferences menu. It is simple and doesn’t waste screen estate.

Very good job.

0 Likes

Updated api reference is uploaded now - the next two arguments are the format string, and an output parameter for the formatted output, e.g.,

funcs = ]
view.findAll('\<def\t ]+([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)', 0, '$1', funcs)

…will do a reasonable job of extracting all the function names from a python source file, and placing them into ‘funcs’

0 Likes

Thanks man, awesome job!

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Updated api reference is uploaded now - the next two arguments are the format string, and an output parameter for the formatted output, e.g.,

funcs = ]
view.findAll('\<def\t ]+([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)', 0, '$1', funcs)

…will do a reasonable job of extracting all the function names from a python source file, and placing them into ‘funcs’[/quote]

Very nice, good to know :smiley:

0 Likes