Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeText Organization at GitHub!

Re: SublimeText Organization at GitHub!

Postby slestak989 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Might be a need for another plugin here. We might need something to display all the current keybindings and where they are sourced from. I can see where conflicts can arise by chance.

An example that I like is gnu screen, if you remap keybindings in your .screenrc, the help screen reflect the default + your mods.
Using ST2 on: Win7 Pro 64 || Win7 32|| Fedora 16
slestak989

Postby slestak989 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Not trying to be difficult , but I am missing the point of the organization. I like the idea of a registry of plugins (ala wbonds json file) but I do not see the benefit in having 19 admins (that do not know each other) for these 20 odd repos.
Using ST2 on: Win7 Pro 64 || Win7 32|| Fedora 16
slestak989

Postby DanielV on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 pm

slestak989 wrote:Might be a need for another plugin here. We might need something to display all the current keybindings and where they are sourced from. I can see where conflicts can arise by chance.

An example that I like is gnu screen, if you remap keybindings in your .screenrc, the help screen reflect the default + your mods.

I could not agree more, I've no clue how to pull it off though. There is no automatic way of doing this as far as I know, you could do it manually but somebody has to keep looking for new bindings in that case.
DanielV

Postby aponxi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 am

Hey guys,

I have just joined this organization and I do not want to be a Robin Williams in Vietnam but wouldn't it be nice if we created a repo just for communication? We could ask things via Issues and people have the option to opt out. We could use a mailing group (which I can volunteer to set up on my web server) however Issues on github would be public and have the option to be referred to and flagged as closed or tagged and what not.

I could provide a opt-out-able mailing system too, however since we are already on github we could use the system there and grow the organization into a little knowledge base...

All of this comes from me looking for a way to ask others on github and to be able to attach code on github or even link issues from our plugin repos.

Do you like the idea? It couldn't hurt right?
aponxi

Postby FichteFoll on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 pm

I must say I do not dislike this idea. Issues on github are well-conneted with other issues on github by cross-linking other repos and stuff and all in all this seems like the place where "SublimeText" coders can communicate and discuss on problems or something.

I'd also like to mention the #sublimetext IRC channel on freenode where I and several others are helping people with being sublime. You should check there too and you can also discuss small or urgent things there.
FichteFoll

Postby chikamichi on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Great idea, a suggestion board.
chikamichi

Postby axxo1 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:38 pm

It's actually more than that
axxo1

Postby rDr4g0n on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm new to github, python and sublime plugins, so this may be a silly question, buuutt: if I switch my plugin over to this sublimetext packaged github, is it no longer mine? What all am I transferring over? What happens to all my existing issues for the plugin? who can edit my repository after the switch?
rDr4g0n

Postby adzenith on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I wouldn't bother moving over - the org was created in the pre-Package Control days, and I'm not sure it has much purpose anymore.
adzenith

Postby tito on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:10 am

:P
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development