Sublime Forum

ST2 keeps quitting while editing file

The file happens to be in my dropbox account. That is the only difference with any of the other files I’m editing. It is a ruby file and I start typing on it and ST2 just quits.

This is on OS X. Anyone have this happen to them?

0 Likes

Are you using SublimeCodeIntel and version v2126? If so, there was a crashing bug that was fixed in v2132.

0 Likes

I removed codeIntel because it caused the undo command to work one character at a time.

Please remind me how to get 2132. I used to get the latest version from somewhere other than the main website but have forgotten how :blush: (as I get older my memory gets worse).

thanks.

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/dev

0 Likes

Thanks.

So codeintel can now be used and doesn’t cause problems?

Sadly, the problem persists with undo and SublimeCodeIntel. That’s really too bad, I’d like to use it, but this one-character undo is too maddening.

0 Likes

And even sadder still, the crashing continues with that particular file. Odd because the file behaves in Textmate which can be quite temperamental.

0 Likes

I’ve been able to confirm that these crashes happen with any ruby file I have inside the dropbox folder. I’d be curious to hear if anyone else is having this problem or if it’s just me. It was happening on Snow Leopard and I just upgraded to Lion and the result is the same, crash.

0 Likes

Not an issue for me. I have a Ruby on Rails project synced in my DropBox folder (Well, nested, so: ~/Dropbox/Dev/Proj/…) and I have the whole thing opened as a project. It’s actually a pretty nice set-up and I’m really loving Sublime for it. I’m using dev build 2135 on OS X Lion 10.7.2.

Edit: Since it’s just Ruby files it sounds like it might be some sort of theme issue, maybe? I’m using the Soda Dark theme with Espresso Libre color scheme.

0 Likes

If you are getting a crash on OSX, please email the crash report to support@sublimetext.com

0 Likes