Sublime Forum

How do you create a new language bundle?

Really like the Sublime editor, but out of the box it doesn’t support my favorite development language of ColdFusion. Did some searching and found someone had already created the files for me.

github.com/indynagpal/coldfusion-sublime-text-2

But unfortunately the only instructions he provides for getting it working are for the Mac and I am running Windows 7.

How would you create a new language bundle from this group of individual files? Like the ones that ship with Sublime.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Rick Mason

0 Likes

What you can do is add the Coldfusion.tmLanguage file to your User folder and it will pickup the syntax highlighting.

Or you can drop the whole Coldfusion folder into your User folder and you’ll get all the snippets in there too.
The easiest way to get to your User folder is to go into Preferences > Browse Packages… menu.

The original Coldfusion.tmLanguage file was ported by RobRohan long ago, I believe, and it does need some love.
It follows syntax of the same named TextMate file manual.macromates.com/en/language_grammars

Also, I did see @charliegriefer blog about Sublime Text 2 earlier today :stuck_out_tongue:
And I expect Coldfusion support for ST2 to only improve as more users realize how nice this editor is.

0 Likes