Sublime Forum

Cursor line/column

I’m migrating from vim and I find the cursor hard to find in Sublime. I normally use the “cursorline” and “cursorcolumn” options in vim to basically turn my cursor into a crosshair. Are there any options (preferably similar to cursor line/column) to make the cursor easier to see?

Thanks!

0 Likes

There’s a horizontal option but not a vertical one. Look at the highlight_line option in the file settings.

0 Likes

I found that one and added it to my user config, but it doesn’t appear to do anything. I also turned on tab highlighting (for unsaved files) and that doesn’t appear to do anything either. I may not understand the config files…

0 Likes

I did, however, just notice that the line number that the cursor is parked on gets highlighted. That may be sufficient.

0 Likes

Vertical (column) highlight would be a really nice feature to add to ST2. I hated it at first, when I turned it on in VIM, but you really can’t beat it when trying to line up code blocks and such. I know there are ways to go to the next “}” but the visual indicator of a vertical highlight adds a lot.

0 Likes

Please checkout my new plugin called CursorRuler (announcement thread here: CursorRuler - Marks cursor position with dynamic rulers) which hopefully is the answer you’re looking for :smile:

0 Likes

CursorRuler is a fine plugin, it helps at finding the actual cursor location. However in multi-cursor mode, combined with highlighted line it becomes difficult to see the location of all cursors.

I am dreaming of a cursor that would combine both horizontal and vertical rulers, and the killer feature would be the cross cursor :

• vertical bold line of custom height (x pixels over line, x pixels under line), by default a bit more than the height of a line, at the location of the cursors,
  • horizontal bold line under the current lines of custom length (before and after cursor location), by default 2 characters-long before and after the cursors,
  • if this cross could also blink with the same options than the default cursors, wooow!

You would never loose time searching for cursors anymore!

Last but not least, easy customizing of rulers colors…

0 Likes

I like these ideas. I’ll see what’s possible to accomplish in a future version of CursorRuler. And thanks for the kudos !

0 Likes