Sublime Forum

Support for .less files

Hi! I’m not sure if this is a right place to post this topic so please transfer it elsewhere if it’s not.

For quite some time I’ve been using Less which is a tool that allows you to write CSS and see how it dynamically applies to the document in the browser window without refreshing the page. It also has some nice features which is not available in CSS (variables, mixins etc.). I also love Sublime very much but it doesn’t have support for .less extension. Because of that there is no syntax highlighting for .less files which leads to lots of typos and generally styling file is hard to read.

Is there any way to enable support for .less extension in Sublime?

0 Likes

New to Sublime - A few questions

ST2 supports Textmate bundles, you can use this (clone it into your ST Packages directory)

github.com/appden/less.tmbundle

0 Likes

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Does anybody now why this bundle, when using tab in less file (insert best completion) is inserting HTML tags? E.g. when I type “dis” and press tab it creates “”

0 Likes

Hi

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I’m new to this!

How do I go install this bundle? I downloaded a zip from github but do not know where to put it

Would this plugin automatically generate the css files? Or would it just use syntax highlighting?

Does it use the latest less.js?

Again sorry if those questions are basic!

0 Likes

[quote=“matsaukeo”]Hi
Sorry if these are stupid questions but I’m new to this!
How do I go install this bundle? I downloaded a zip from github but do not know where to put it
Would this plugin automatically generate the css files? Or would it just use syntax highlighting?
Does it use the latest less.js?
Again sorry if those questions are basic![/quote]

You need to put it in {sublime folder}/data/packages
No, the compiler is not included, it’s basically syntax highlight and also autocompletion should work, but in my case the the autocomplete suggestion don’t work to well

I need to dig a little bit into the format on of this tmbundle files and modify… when I have time

0 Likes