Sublime Forum

ST2 google groups

Hi,

If you are tired of using a forum with no email notifications, no RSS feed, etc, I have just started two ST2 google groups:

Sublime Text 2 Users - groups.google.com/group/sublime-text-2
Sublime Text 2 Plugin Development - groups.google.com/group/sublime-text-2-dev

I’m hoping jps will see the value of using something like this and encourage people to move there. It’s really maddening dealing with this forum. And of course I will turn the reins over to him the moment he asks.

Hope to see you there!

0 Likes

i find this forum much better than google groups, and for that matter, more usable than User Echo also.

subscribing to topics would be nice, but checking the View new posts every few days works well enough for me. it’s not like the activity is so out of control you can’t keep track of a few topics.

0 Likes

I vote that this forum be switched to Vanilla. It has a nice interface and it has a very large community and is well supported.
It has several plugins and it has a phpBB import tool. It has the features that many want.

0 Likes

Google groups are really annoying to read and browse. Vanilla is absolutely abysmal. No idea why someone thought it’d be a good idea to make a forum in a stack exchange type layout. They’re barely even able to be considered forums.

If anything other than these forums were to be used I’d say just a plain old fashioned mailing list. Something like librelist.

0 Likes

google groups is also a plain old fashioned mailing list. I almost never use their interface to interact with their groups, I use email. Anyway, it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. We’ll have to get used to this forum.

0 Likes

+1 for moving to a real mailing list, e.g. Google Groups. PHPBB is an abomination designed to make people and messages get lost. Email is the One True Inbox; why people prefer these click-and-wait unsearchable walled-in blinky-smiley infant playrooms will always remain a mystery to me.

Not that I have any strong opinions or anything :smile:

0 Likes

Google Groups has not kept up with their early successes in spam filtering; e.g. check out this mirror of the pgsql-general list. Only the Google mirror shows all the Russian spam; it’s not on the original list:

groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pgsql.general

0 Likes