Sublime Forum

Path of opened files?

Hopefully I’m posting in the right section(?).

I can’t find where to see/show the path of the file currently opened. I’m using a php framework that has the same filenames depending of which modules you’re in (blablabla) so sometimes with just the filename showing I can’t remember what file I was working on. Or is there a command line that could print this? Can’t find much in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Wow, just noticed that if 2 files with the same name are opened there are some additional info about the path. That’s sweet. I still get lost if only one of the file is opened as it doesn’t show any path info though. I guess I could just close the file and find it again… Would be nice to be able to hide/show the path still.

0 Likes

FWIW the full path is displayed in the title bar on Linux and Windows. On OS X you can ctrl+click the icon in the title bar to see the path, but it’s not particularly convenient.

0 Likes

Also note, if you hover over the tab of the file whose path you are interested (atleast on OSX) you will see an alt text label that displays you the full path of the file.

0 Likes

Is there an option for OSX to display the full path too?

0 Likes

If you open the console you can see the full path with:

view.file_name()
0 Likes