Sublime Forum

ST2 on Mac OS Lion .. Path to Packages folder

Iā€™m not seeing this question anywhere so I can only assume Iā€™m doing something really stupid butā€¦

What is the full path to the ā€œPackagesā€ folder for Sublime Text 2. Iā€™m looking to install a new theme.

When I go to

/Applications/Sublime Text 2.app/

There is a ā€œContentsā€ Folder only

Inside that is:

Frameworks/ Info.plist MacOS/ Resources/ SharedSupport/

What am I missing?

0 Likes

Itā€™s ā€œ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2ā€, although you can get there via the Preferences/Browse Packages menu item

0 Likes

Iā€™m right there with you, derekoā€¦ Feeling a little silly, butā€¦

Got Sublime Text 2 running on OS X Lion, and want to install Word Count package from here: sublime-text-community-packages. ā€¦ Count.html
Got the package downloaded, but double-clicking it does not automatically install it. Hmmmā€¦
Manually dragged package to ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages and restarted ST2.
According to the README with that WordCount package: ā€œTo run it, run the command from the Tools | Packages | WordCount menu.ā€ but I donā€™t have a Packages submenu under Tools. I have Command Palette, Snippets, Build System, Build, Build Results, Save All on Build, Record Macro, Save Macro, Macros, New Pluginā€¦, New Snippetā€¦

This is a little frustrating. :-/

0 Likes

Hi, the plugin is for an old version of ST, even installed will not work. I hacked the package for you.
Download this zip dl.dropbox.com/u/9303546/Sublime ā€¦ dCount.zip

• Go to menu ā€œPreferencesā€ -> ā€œBrowse Packagesā€
  • There should be a lot of folders. Unpack this zip to a new folder called ā€œWordCountā€
    • A reference: An example path should be like ā€¦/Packages/WordCount/README.txt

Now there is a new command called ā€œWord Countā€ load it by going to ā€œToolsā€ -> ā€œCommand Paletteā€
You may want to edit the shortcut " ā€¦/Packages/WordCount/Default.sublime-keymap"

It can count words on document or in the selection.

0 Likes

Thanks so much for this, Tito. Much appreciated! :smile:

0 Likes

Iā€™m trying to get Word Count to appear in my status bar at all times, reporting the word count for the entire document. I understand how to load word count and invoke it with the key combination, but what do I need to do to get it into the status bar for full-doc word count permanently?

Thanks for any help.

Dutch

0 Likes

Remove that version.

Install pacakge control wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

And then, using package control install ā€œWord Countā€ package.

Regards,

0 Likes

Beautiful. Itā€™s working perfectly. Thanks a lot, Tito.

0 Likes