Sublime Forum

Goto anything slow to open

I had this problem long time ago, then it disappeared and now I see it again.

Pressing CTRL+P (Goto anything) takes about second to open. This is problematic because if I happen to press some letters after pressing CTRL+P and before dropdown appears, the letters will end up in currently open file. So I’m doing unsolicited changes in files randomly.

I’m using same configurations (Packages folder shared and synced on both) on both Mac and Windows and only on Windows I started having this problem. Mac works fine. Is it possible that some cache db is in a weird state that makes it slow? I can’t figure out location of the cache file, I would try deleting it or something.

Build 2136 (on both).

0 Likes

It’s blazing for me.

Are you working in a project or just a bunch of opened files?

0 Likes

I normally run with 3 big directories in side panel and bunch of files open but just to test this I’ve removed all folders and files but one from the sidebar. Goto anything is still slow to open, even if it does not know about any file.

0 Likes

Goto anything from menu item was actually still fast.

So I’ve tried what normally fixes things on Windows - restart - and it works fine. Problem solved. :smile:

I think it might have been some external program causing problems with handling keyboard shortcuts (PowerPro most likely).

0 Likes