Sublime Forum

20090610 Beta

20090610 is out, with many of the usual TextMate snippets included by default. I’ve not been able to test most of these, so I’m keen to hear about any problems.

Note that this version is not fully backwards compatible with existing *.sublime-snippet files: $0 has changed meaning, and now works the same way as it does in .tmSnippet files, this means:

• It’s the last tab stop, rather than the first
  • If it’s left out, then it’ll be automatically added to the end of the snippet.

This means you will almost certainly need to update any snippets you’ve made yourself. Please accept my apologies in advance for this, but in the long run, it really will be best for everyone’s sanity.

Thanks to Nick (aka Sublimator) for his help wrangling the snippets for this release.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]20090610 is out, with many of the usual TextMate snippets included by default. I’ve not been able to test most of these, so I’m keen to hear about any problems.

Note that this version is not fully backwards compatible with existing *.sublime-snippet files: $0 has changed meaning, and now works the same way as it does in .tmSnippet files, this means:

• It’s the last tab stop, rather than the first
  • If it’s left out, then it’ll be automatically added to the end of the snippet.

This means you will almost certainly need to update any snippets you’ve made yourself. Please accept my apologies in advance for this, but in the long run, it really will be best for everyone’s sanity.

Thanks to Nick (aka Sublimator) for his help wrangling the snippets for this release.[/quote]

I am happy to hear about $0 got changed to last tab stop :smile:
Keep up the good work! :smiley:

0 Likes

Ok played a little bit with few snippets and have few feature requests…

First the little one,
Can you add PHP to the list of filetypes?
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1281/610200923939pm.png

Now the other one is regarding snippets, it might already be on your todo list…
I want snippets to be able to use same tab trigger, if that happens then show a “context menu” just like textmate does.
An example would be in the PHP snippets, see the ones that start with $_
Also doctype is another one, so you can pick between different doctypes…

This is only feature sublime lacks in snippets that I really want to have (regex replacements and python code in snippets, can wait I don’t mind!) :smiley:

As you may have guessed it, these snippets don’t work right now in sublime. They only work if you select them from the menu…

0 Likes

re: PHP syntax, I’ll take a look, but in the past the thing to do has been to use HTML, and it’ll pickup the PHP escapes automatically.

Regex replacements should be fully functional, and snippets sharing the same tab trigger are on the todo list.

0 Likes

LOL nice work nick! I’m sure someone will find that useful!

I always stayed away from using $0 as my first one since I am a textmate freak :S so I didn’t have to “suffer” lol

0 Likes