Sublime Forum

VintageEx package

This is an implementation of Vim’s ex-mode for Sublime Text 2. It doesn’t aim to be 100% identical to the original, but rather to implement ex-commands in a way that makes sense for Sublime Text.

Requirements

• Vintage

The Vintage package must be installed with that name (Vintage), although it can be ignored in the settings. Some VintageEx commands use Vintage commands.

Status

I don’t think it’s as mature as Vintage, but it’s definitely functional. Feedback, patches, etc. welcome!

Download

github.com/SublimeText/VintageEx
github.com/SublimeText/VintageEx/downloads

0 Likes

Very nice. Looking forward to using this. It looks like this assumes win32? Should that be documented on your github and/or reinforced in your setup.py?

0 Likes

Hi slestak989,

Not really, it should work ok-ish on Linux as is (a good chunk of it was developed on Ubuntu). OSX is supported “by chance” :slight_smile: I don’t own a Mac I can test on. I was meaning to include a readme with basic information and a license too, but it seems I never got to doing it! I’ll fix that.

If you’re talking about commands starting shells, then it’s true Windows is where they will work best at the moment, though.

0 Likes

Yes, the shell commands is what I was alluding to. I will try them on my win7-64 and fedora machines when I can.

0 Likes