Sublime Forum

Some bugs in the Mac version

(I already reported these in User Echo, but I’m not sure which forum is the better place for bug reports.)

• When I restart a Mac, with Lion’s “re-open apps on restart” behavior, ST2 always opens a new window with a blank document when the system starts, even if there was no ST2 window open before.

• When there is no window open on the Mac, some of the menus don’t work properly: Sublime Text > Preferences > Browse Packages is disabled, and File > Open Recent only lists folders, not files. Those are the ones I’ve noticed, there may be others. (Broken menus when no window is open seems to be a common problem with Mac software, I’ve seen similar bugs in several other apps. No idea why.)

0 Likes

Dev Build 2141

I have also noticed when selected a word and initiating a find, the selected word is not copied to the panel for a search. This seems to be Mac specific.

0 Likes

CaptainCrowbar: What version of Sublime Text 2 are you using?

faclessuser: That’s by design, to keep with OS X conventions. You can configure it by setting find_selected_text in your user settings.

0 Likes

Oh thank you! I completely overlooked that. It was driving me crazy.

0 Likes

Spoke too soon.

This does not work. I tried true and false, the result is always the same, no copying of text into find panel.:frowning:

// If true, the selected text will be copied into the find panel when it's // shown. "find_selected_text": true

I am on Lion.

**Edit: **Nevermind, it worked when I put it in the user file settings. It doesn’t work when in the default settings file. I think it was set true by default in the default file, but it was being ignored until placed in the user file.

0 Likes

I’m using the latest ST2 development build 2138; it shows all the symptoms I described above. I’ve checked that the behaviour is the same on two different Macs running Lion, so it’s not something broken on the one system.

0 Likes

I echo CaptainCrowbar’s concern. The lack of “Open Recent…” is especially annoying. Confirmed on 2141 on Lion

0 Likes