Sublime Forum

Command line vs untitled

agree. this is confusing and uncommon at least for a new user from other editors.

0 Likes

The same thing happens here (on Build 2139/Mac OS X Lion).

I have open_files_in_new_window set to false.

And +1 to a way to turn this off, I agree. I often run multiple subl commands to open up windows with a few libraries and my project (I prefer to keep them separate) so I end up with multiple Untitled windows to go with them.

0 Likes

I am not sure why the . is required on the command line. Is that a typical way to open the cwd in the editor?

0 Likes

“subl .” no longer creates an untitled tab in 2139

0 Likes

As per my post above, it does for me on 2139 on Lion.

Happy to record a screencast or send you any debug logs (if they are created by Sublime Text 2) if you want :wink:

0 Likes

BUMP

0 Likes

[quote=“andyjeffries”]

As per my post above, it does for me on 2139 on Lion.

Happy to record a screencast or send you any debug logs (if they are created by Sublime Text 2) if you want :wink:[/quote]

+1

“subl .” always creates an untitled windows on Lion 10.7.2

0 Likes

This also happens to me in build 2141 on OS X 10.7.2

0 Likes

Mine opens an extra window too. I’m using windows and sublime 2 build 2221

0 Likes

Am I the only one seeing this with later versions of Sublime?

“subl .” in my project dir worked as expected with Sublime 3

On build 4116 (and I think a couple of previous version 4 builds) it opens the “untitled” window as well. I’m on Mac Mojave 10.14.6

Is there an effort to fix this annoying issue? Or a work around?

0 Likes

yep.

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes

The change log for build 4117 seems to indicate that this issue has been fixed?

I still see the issue after the update. Sublime Build 4117, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

0 Likes

It’s been fixed in 4117. I can’t reproduce it there anymore. Perhaps you’re seeing the previously open windows being restored? That would be a feature you can disable using the "hot_exit" setting.

0 Likes

Hi Ben, I have both “hot_exit” and “remember_open_files” set as false in my settings. I still see it.

0 Likes

Can you share the exact steps for reproducing that? (ie. is ST running, how are you starting it, etc.)

0 Likes

This is what I observe w.r.t this behavior.

When Sublime is not running, and I hit “subl .” I get two windows like I have shown above.

Now, if I close both windows but keep Sublime running and run the same command from the same folder, I get just the one window that I expect.

I can keep ST running and avoid this behavior but I’m used to “quitting” ST on my Mac when I don’t need it and then launching it again when needed. I’m pretty positive that I never saw this behavior with ST3.

0 Likes

Can you confirm that you’re running 4117/4118 using the menu Sublime Text > About

0 Likes

About Sublime and Check for Updates screenshot

0 Likes

I’m still unable to reproduce:

0 Likes